Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2002, 09:06 AM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Anyone know what the XP cap is for the game?
Old 07-14-2002, 10:55 AM   #2
newander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well I think the highest level you can be is 20
Old 07-14-2002, 11:21 AM   #3
DraconisRex

The game is 3E and you are limited to level 20. In the future a "super high level" campaign resource book will be released by Wizards of the Coast. I hope that the engine was designed for the increase...
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 04:12 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Darn, just 6 to go.
Old 07-14-2002, 04:24 PM   #5
Farscry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For the PnP version, the Epic Level Handbook was just released recently, which supports basically infinite level progression. (Though the farther you go, the more ludicrous it gets)

Hopefully, they'll be able to incorporate the stuff into the engine, but the way levels are handled post-20 involve different calculations for attack, saves, etc., which would probably entail a different code base for epic level-ups as opposed to the 1-20 range.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:53 AM   #6
DeSoya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Farscry:
For the PnP version, the Epic Level Handbook was just released recently, which supports basically infinite level progression. (Though the farther you go, the more ludicrous it gets)

Hopefully, they'll be able to incorporate the stuff into the engine, but the way levels are handled post-20 involve different calculations for attack, saves, etc., which would probably entail a different code base for epic level-ups as opposed to the 1-20 range.
I haven't been by my local game store in a couple of weeks so I odn't know what the deal is with post 20th level characters. I must question the idea of handling the attacks differently. It's not that I don't believe you. WOTC's done lots of stupid stuff before, but why not just continue progressions as they were before? Shouldn't be too hard. And they have those new "Legendary" Classes. Sigh. What I'd really like to see for NWN is prestige classes. I wanna make my character into a spellsword. Reducing armor failiure would rock hard core.

DeSoya
Old 07-15-2002, 03:19 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

the ex cap in this game is too low, probably should make it like Wiz 8 at lv50 or diablo 2 at lv99 or unlimited level like might and magic series.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:27 PM   #8
Exodus Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

there should be unlimited level progress, as there is always going to be someone more powerful. some D&D games have level 4 enemies, yet they weild weapons that are unbelievably powerful, so they are instantly level 9 or 10 in difficulty....it all depends how imaginative you are.....how about a mean bully 10 year old that just happens to find the ring of gaxx in a barrel? or an old beggar that sleeps in a tomb one night that holds the holy avenger. this is why all D&D rock in stories, as you can do anything.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:27 AM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

if you took away level restrictions you would cease the game having any resemblence to 3ed d&d, and it would become an opensource diablo2, there is a huge debate about this on the bioware forums and the amount of flaming that goes on there has permamntently turned me off to that site, and made me appreciate this one all the more.