Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 10:20 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I still have not received enough info on this game to be excited, and what is the difference in this and the Undermountain project??? What have I not been apying attention to???
Sorry!!!

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
Kinthalis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

check out neverwinternights.com And be sure to visit the forum there. If you still aren't excited about the game then.... well then there's something terribly, terribly wrong with you!
Kinthalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 04:16 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ok...we are talking onling gaming here...well, what if I am online at the wrong times?? What if my stupid dial-up modem is too slow to have any fun???
I would not be able to enjoy the game as much then...

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 11:59 PM   #4
Kinthalis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well yes, NWN's main features are online gaming based. But you won't be limited to online gaming. you can play single player if you want.

The main features of NWN:

The NWN Toolset. Will allow you make modules (adventures) very much in the same manner as PnP D&D.

the DM Client. The DM client will allow you to change the story on the fly, just as PnP DM can. you can control NPC's and monsters, set encounters, etc. inorder to breathe life into the story unlike any CRPG to date.

And finally the NWN Server. With this you can host your own modules over the net for friends or anyone else to adventure through.
Kinthalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 04:05 PM   #5
The Xlord
Dungeon Master

The guys who not are excited about NWN are some buttheads.
And you can use modems down to 56kb.(If anyone still use modems under that, get ISDN or higher. NOW!!!) Thats great.(For the guys with bad connection, I'm lucky to not be one of them,(DSL) )

The Xlord

------------------
Defender and master of Good archmagic
:mage1:
The Xlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 01:26 AM   #6
BladeMaster

I will not have a bad conection either (cable modem)

------------------
Old 05-12-2001, 12:16 PM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

If a game is designed for internet play than the designers are going to do whatever they can to minimize lag. It's the same way with all computers. Somtimes you have bad lag sometimes you don't. You shouldn't stop playing the game just because of lag though.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 09:07 AM   #8
Ngala

I am sorry that some of us do not have access to expensive extra hardware! But, there is still affordable help, with NO subscription for playing this game. Buy a local area network. They have better ping, cost roughly $120 (including cables, cards, and a 5-port hub), and you and your friends can play with no interruption! Unfortunately, your friends must have laptops, or computers they are willing to haul over to your house. This opens up infinite possibilities for Neverwinter Nights! Being a Dungeon Master with no lag, no worries, just FUN!

-Ngala
Old 05-16-2001, 06:22 PM   #9
Axterix
Manshoon

Dunno, I kind of find the idea of a bunch of friends sitting in the same room staring at computers playing a comp version of a PnP game kind of... well... sad.

Hehe, the primary advantage I see to NWN is that you can play with your old college/high school buddies. You can play a module on your own terms, at your own leisure, without having to all be in the same physical location.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 03:09 PM   #10
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I still have not received enough info on this game to be excited, and what is the difference in this and the Undermountain project??? What have I not been apying attention to???
Sorry!!!

The Undermountain forum is based on the Neverwinter Nights toolset, and I've been designing on paper and in 3D many levels for this Module. It'll be really cool if they allow for some sneaky traps, because Undermountain is FULL of them..

Ziroc