Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2000, 06:03 PM   #1
draconia

I am new at all of this. I have never played a role-playing game until I bought Baldur's Gate a year ago. I have been hooked ever since but I am a little lost on what exactly Neverwinter Nights is all about. I really want to play this game. I have read the messages that are posted here and I am confused about the dungeon master thing. I hope that I don't sound like a moron. I wanted to play Dungeons and Dragons with some friends a long time ago but never got around to it. I thuoght maybe someone could help me understand what Neverwinter is all about. Will it be like playing Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2? I would appreciate anyone that can help me. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2000, 04:29 PM   #2
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

draciona according to what i have learned it will be extremly good. Also it is in 3d so you can *really* see your charecter. I don't know anything else but i know i'm going to get it! By the way it is not out yet.
Jon Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2000, 03:16 AM   #3
draconia

Thanks Jon for the info. I have seen that NWN is coming out May 1st (which is my baby's b-day). I was wondering if NWN is going to be like Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2. Or is it going to be like you are playing through someone elses eyes? How about the dungeon master thing? I don't know what that is. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-02-2001, 11:26 PM   #4
Felon

Click HERE to go to a site
that explains what role a DM will play in NWN.
Old 02-17-2001, 02:51 AM   #5
Kinthalis ThornBlade

First of all, There is no set release date for NWN yet.

The game is nothing like any standard CRPG you've ever played.

The main features of the game?

Incredible 3d graphics. 3rd person perspective. although the camera will be locked on a 45 degree angle on your character, you can zoom in and out, and rotate the camera about.

It will use the 3rd edition rules which allow for somuch more versatility when it comes to customizing your character than the previous edition.

The most compellling aspect? The DM client and the NWN toolset. With the tool set any one can design their own adventures, campaign, even persistent worlds. The DM client will also allow a real time Dungeon master to modify the adventure on the fly. The DM will be able tpo Posses, monsters, NPC's, and even Pc's in order to breathe life into the story. He'll be bale to drop encounters, and do just about everything a typical PnP DM is expected to handle.

Check out the FAQ on the main site. You'll begin to see just how incredible this is game will be, I'm sure.