Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2002, 08:54 AM   #1
Lost sheep
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Should I hear dialogue when mayor,smitty etc. in town are talking? I could hear snake man and Bilibump but not shopkeepers in town.

I have killed Mon the Sculz as Smitty asked but on returning to him he does not acknowledge it. If you click quest button he gives you next quest and I can't seem to bring up an option to talk to him.When I brought skullsa to mayor my journal said first task done but it does not say that after mon the sculz in journal.

Rode horse back to village, what happens to it when I enter valeia?
Lost sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 10:44 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Did you talk to Smitty with the guy that was given the quest? Have you updated the game to the latest version?
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
Detah
Dungeon Master

dialogue sound
There is no sound from the town shop owners. Everyone is experiencing the same thing as you. I imagine it was a space issue on the CDs, so they only provided sound dialogue from the NPCs outside of towns.

quest rewards
I do not have a solution for how you may get credit for the Mon quest. But I can provide some help so you can get credit for future quests. When you solve a quest, enter town, (Lets assume for a moment that all 6 of your characters have the same quest) highlight your lead character and then enter the shop. The shopkeeper will greet you and give you notice that you solved the quest. Do NOT click on any guild ammenities until he/she is completely finished talking. I have found that it can mess up and you will not get credit for solving the quest. Occassionally, you can exit the shop and return and still get credit. This is rare, usually, you just lose out on getting credit completely.

Once it is clear that the shopkeeper is finished and you get credit for the quest, then click on your second character. And wait until he is finished talking. Repeat for all characters. I am currently 2/3 thru the game. This method has been successful for me for every single quest.

Tip: Watch in the dialogue box when you run your cursor across the 'enter guild' icon without clicking on it (for quests with guild level advancement rewards) to check if you received guild advancement credit for the quest. For me, the xp reward is irrelevant; only the gp rewards and guild level advancements matter to me.

horse
The horse stays whereever you leave it.

Detah the scribe

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Detah ]

Detah is offline   Reply With Quote