Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 12:02 PM   #1
NE14T
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just discovered two cool tricks while trying to solve my problem w/ the stout trolley and investigating stout mines

My problem was that the trolley somehow was switched to the wrong track so i wasn't able to get to the east track of the first rail cross.

I found that you can stand in front of the trolley and throw the lever. Then if you walk along the track, the trolley stays behind you. (you can also throw the lever and run under the gate, but you need the trolley for the later part)

So while i was down investigating the first switch room from the track side of the bars I found that I could switch the track switch from my side of the bars....so, Without ever getting to the switch room I could throw the switch.

I used the same trick for the second switch, so I didn't have to walk all the way back to the second switch room(which I had been to). But for this one you need to stay in front of the trolley car so you can get through the multiple gates.

The second trick is that you don't have to do any of the jumping from place to place in the lava pits, just climb up to the ceiling and walk on the wall. I walked all the way from the dragon ore to the entrance on the wall up next to the ceiling.
NE14T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 01:56 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Interesting tip about the trolleys! Always fun to learn what people will try in this game! And that you can do these things too!

I particularly liked climbing the walls near the lava pools!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote