Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 01:48 AM   #1
D*one
Manshoon

mantraps that is...I came across two and im dealing with the second one right now. For some reason I have it stuck in my head that there are 4.
D*one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 03:35 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

If you're talking about the mantraps just outside Ishad N'ha, they are no more than four. However, later on in the game you will run into some of their sibling, which are even nastier...

//Jazzid
Old 01-25-2002, 07:47 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

and sometimes they appear as random monsters in the shire and other areas beyond (rarely).
I think I had a total of 12 last game I played.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:04 PM   #4
D*one
Manshoon

Well, I was content on just knowing about the 4. Argh....I got rid of two already and am praying that is all there is for my game.

Thanks for scaring me about the others. jk..... but anyways I am sure Ill gain enough experience to handle them, hopefully, with ease.

peace Ü
Old 01-26-2002, 12:36 AM   #5
Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I kept running away and using flamedrop spell, of course thats only helpful if you have it.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:57 AM   #6
D*one
Manshoon

Wizard,

welcome to the board!!! I have my wizards at a level where they can cast invisibility, although I am really wondering about that one. It seems to me that although I am invisible, I still get burnt by the dragon, hit by mysterious plants, talked to by the rat pack (at the house) and attacked by the natives that inhabit the happy lands of ishad nha. Go figure. Any hoot, It worked good in the serpent temple I must admit, but that was only used so I can find out what was behind that mystery door....aparently a few creatures and a chest to make the dropp worth the while.

Had it not been for the lake and my many spells, I think I would've tossed this game out the window when it came to the man traps(out of sheer frustration). But then I would pace around the house and tell myself ok, I gotta try it again, I am so close. Which leads me to tossing myself out the window to find out exactly where it land and load it in the comp again.Ü

hope you enjoyed my little novel.

PeaceÜ

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: D*one ]

Old 01-26-2002, 05:01 AM   #7
Jazzid
Manshoon

I've also tried the invisibility spell. And it seems as if some animals, for example, the Longtooth can catch your smell although you're invisible. My guess is that the spell works best on humanlike creatures. Also, the same thing counts for the Shadow-cloak ability.

//Jazzid
Old 01-27-2002, 01:15 AM   #8
D*one
Manshoon

Well hopefully I havent hit on the last of all those spells where you can hide completely from your enemies.

I just found my way into shurugeons castle, and well being dark did not help with the ghosts that attack me so I am going to make my way back to valeia to kill moonlight and to get more dough.

peaceÜ