Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2001, 10:14 PM   #1
Jason Leonard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm glad I checked the WHOLE message board before making this post. My question about Shrew Chisi's whereabouts was answered from a previous post. But there is still the lingering problem of Colanth's eye. I took up the quest, and sure enough Colanth was waiting for me in the lake of the Dragon Spire. And I whooped his ass quick, never once got turned to stone. Problem is, this is the lake that is right above the whole you swim in to talk to an oracle. So how do I get Colanth's eye for the quest?

If he drops it when he dies, it should be on the bottom of the lake but I've searched every inch of it and watched all but my one Warrior/Barbarian/Ranger character drown, and still didn't find it! And I've explored every square inch of the cavern and got every treasure chest. I could just go on with the game since I got the Mavin, finished all other quests, and found Brimloch Roon. But that wouldn't be me. I take EVERYTHING i can get for free, including the stout king's treasure and the blindman's treasure :^) I'm just evil like that. Like the time I went on an NPC killing spree...(after all, if you have no further use for them in the game, it doesn't hurt your progress)
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 08:58 AM   #2
the_young_one
Manshoon

I haven't heard of any problem with teh colanth not dropping the eye. Have you tried casting the spirit eye spell and then diving down to find the elusive eye? It will appear in the inventory as a blue gem, just like a diamond and you need to identify the item..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:33 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Jason!!

Any chance that you might have sold it in town thinking it was just a gem?? The stores would still have it if that is the case.
If spirit eye doesn't locate it for you and it isn't in the shops, let me know. I can hack the item!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 12:48 PM   #4
Jason Leonard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spirit Eye doesn't seem to pick anything up. Then again, a small white dot on the map of the lake might be easy to miss.

As for selling it in town...I identify every item before i sell it. EVERY ITEM. When my Paladin can't do it with her skill, I pay the cash at the shop. Unless it is a quest item, because they usually have INSANE identify prices and I won't even be able to sell them or else I don't complete the quest. After all, other than knowing what cool properties they have, what's the point of identifying them? And i don't use the gold cheats either to get enough gold to identify them. I don't use any cheats for that matter. I even got kinda mad when I came across the Jathil quest cheat because I didn't want it to cheat my guild level to an insane number from the visits I pay to the temple (so I usually hop in the Guild fast enough before it starts to register).

I would hope, though, that Colanth's eye would be identified as such, and not be identified as a diamond gem or whatever. But regardless, I've tried buying back every blue gem that I've sold also (and all are identified as diamond gems) and still get no credit when I enter the Magic Shoppe. That's still pretty shitty that it would just look like any other gem and not have some unique appearance. But I don't know what's gone wrong here.

So you've studied the hex behind WaW enough to be able to hack different items into inventory? That's cool. I'd love to play around with that myself, if i though I had time (I like to hack things and program things) but i think i want you to help me here. Would you just be hacking the savestate and adding the item in my inventory? If so, where do I send it to?
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 05:53 PM   #5
btennison
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The last time I killed the Colanth his eye didn't drop to the bottom of the lake, instead it floated a couple of feet under the surface near the wall. It's very translucent looking and difficult to see.
btennison is offline   Reply With Quote