Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 11:56 PM   #1
pugnex
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am getting memory errors when I click on things in the game such as chests etc. It doesn't happen all the time. The game freezes on me, but if I alt-tab out it says that the memory address could not be read from. I doubt I have bad ram since I've been playing diablo 2 which uses all of my 256mgs. I have installed the beta patch. I am running under win2k with a v3 3000 and an sblive, all with the latest drivers. I will try doing a defrag to see if that helps. Any suggestions?
pugnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 12:31 AM   #2
Arundel Chichester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Take a peek into your system and make sure the Ram sticks are snug in thier slots. Amazing at the amount of problems caused by loose Ram.

All else fails, reinstall the game. You can keep your saves.
Arundel Chichester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 08:13 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, pugnex!!!

Cross post your problem to Saz' techie help desk thread. Read through the thread too, you may find answers to your problem. W&W can be a little quirky running on anything higher than Win98 but there are usually solutions. What version of DirectX are you running??

Hope someone will be able to help you solve the problem soon!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 08:14 AM   #4
Sid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just installted the game today and tried it out. But unfortunatly I experience the same problems about freezing! Did anyone find a solution yet?
I also have windows 2k and a vodoo 3 3000
(no loose ram, already installed twice)

On top I seem to have problems in the game flow. When I start out in Valeia the manual says to go to the town hall on the right of the armory. But I can only go the the temple. And the gates on the right end of the town (east) I can't use ether. I can only leave on the left and then walk around the whole town (meet some bandits ...). Do I have a buggy version?

Please HELP!!
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 08:19 AM   #5
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sid,

Please read the following thread for a possible solution:

Win2K/XP Hall/Gate Problem

Note: For Valeia first modify the "townmsk1.avi" file.

------------------
Rick
Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 08:34 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Sid!!!

There are many solutions to the most common problems listed in Saz' Techie Help Desk thread. I hope you will find the solution you need there. If not, post to that thread and we'll try to get it solved!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 09:06 AM   #7
pugnex
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For the freezing a switched to the latest omega drivers and run in d3d and no problems so far.
pugnex is offline   Reply With Quote