Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 09:20 PM   #1
Kammy
Welcomed New User

Okay first with the question. I have found the bronze beastie. How do I shut it off, and is that the Dragonspire area? Completely lost.

Okay now to the comment. Well with the female characters in this game...does anyone else find them...ummmm, less then dressed and very anatomically incorrect?? *LOL* I mean really if there is going to be topless women running around, at least for the female players can we have some eye candy with some men running around in a loinclothes?? *LOL* Yes I know...I need a life *grin*

Anyways, just an observation...back to playing...

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctum

Kammy
Kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:24 PM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Kammy,

Yes, that's the Dragon's Spire. Did you get the fire-proof armor from King Freyedies in the Stout Mines? If so, have your lead character wear it, push against the firebeast until it backs up, and then click on the lever on the left wall to turn off the flames.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 11:39 PM   #3
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Re: Eye candy-Good observation, but technically there ARE guys in loin cloths, but the Trolls are, admittedly, not exactly hunks(unless you're thinking of BUTTER! LOL!). The best chance a girl has is hiring human male heroes if it's her desire to ogle! Although ogling TENDS to be a male preoccupation, such ogling, on anyone's part, is degrading to ALL people in my opinion. OK, I'll step back off the soapbox, now. I feel better.

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:12 AM   #4
Kammy
Welcomed New User

Well, I was just making an observation...I don't think I have ever played a game that has this much, well flesh out there *LOL*

Oh well, still a good game though...that seems to be the only flaw... *grin*

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctum

Kammy
Kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 09:30 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(hauling out the soapbox)

It has long bothered me that CRPG designers seem to think their main audience is male and probably young males at that. After playing Wizardry 6 and spending eons writing a walkthru that is still kicking around on the web, I refused to play Wiz 7 because of the excessive "onesided" nudity and the implied connection between beautiful females and evil that had been in Wiz 6. W&W has many of the same elements with a couple of exceptions. You have Pris who is basically a good and kind character who is also ugly and you have Kerah and >>SPOILER<< she is, later in the game, too easily turned evil. All the other good female characters have very small roles. All the other major female roles are evil. So to me there is more than equal opporunity eye candy issues going on here.

(putting soap box away)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:40 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kammy:
Well, I was just making an observation...I don't think I have ever played a game that has this much, well flesh out there *LOL*

Oh well, still a good game though...that seems to be the only flaw... *grin*

Hehe, I take it you never played "Daggerfall." My eyes almost popped out of my head when I created my male PC to find that he was *ahem* VERY anatomically endowed... same thing went for the female PC's.

Wyvern, Wiz 7 did not have the gratuitous nudity that Wiz 6 did, and there were several VERY strong, positive female NPC's in that game (notably, Hylinda the good Witch of the mountain, Jan-Ette (a valkyrie on a motorbike, LOL), and her leader, Dame Ke-Li of the City of Sky, and Vi Domina, the good female warrior "lead" NPC who the whole scenario revolves around. The males in the game, on the other hand, could be ATROCIOUS, including the evil Spider (T'rang) king, Don Barlone' (a rattkin mafioso), etc.

Which is why I'm looking forward to Wiz 8...if it ever comes out!

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:59 PM   #7
VIXEN
Dungeon Master

I have to agree with ya Saz about Wiz 7 and the female roles...I never played Wiz 6 myself as Wiz 7 was one of the first RPG games I ever played.

I also have to 2nd Kammy's motion on the eye candy..lmao
VIXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 06:03 PM   #8
VIXEN
Dungeon Master

I have to agree with ya Saz on the Roles the female characters played in Wiz 7 and I can't wait for Wiz 8 to come out...I never played Wiz 6 as Wiz 7 was one of the first RPG games I played.

I also have to 2nd Kammy's motion on the eye candy issue! hehehehe *WEG* lmao
VIXEN is offline   Reply With Quote