Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2001, 11:02 PM   #1
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

Wyv saw my post about this on Saturday, but for the rest of you I'd like to post it again:

In the Shrine of Anephas my party of two was having problems with the scarab levers so we decided to just Vanish thru the closed door. But all of a sudden, something was wrong!!? We were up the monkey chute!! We were alone in a dark brick chamber. It was very small and spooky. And when my Whiskahs turned around to light up the area we saw Anephas' sleeping body just floating there in mid-air casting a shadow on the floor. Well my Val almost fainted on the spot! We tried to wake Anephas but he just slept. We vanished out and came back with every item we had and several that we weren't supposed to have. Well we tried talk and give and use and hit. We tried spells of vanish and attack and awaken and every kind of heal. Nothing!! Nothing!! He just slept. We went ahead to finished the Shrine and we placed the ashes. When we talked to Anephas he didn't seem to recall our previous visit, (probably because he'd slept thru it). Before we left the Shrine we went back into the monkey chamber and sure enough, his body was gone. When we'd placed the ashes his body had moved out to the altar, just as you would expect.

What we couldn't figure out was how could his body be in there sleeping when his ashes were in the Urn?? We Vanished in and out several times. Spent most of Saturday there actually. The monkeys were in there too, until the monkey chute is open. Sometimes there were other monsters in there and sometimes monsters got Vanished in with us. Sometimes we Vanished into the chute itself and got stuck. This little monkey chamber does not show on Rick's walk-thru maps, but it's on our maps now, just north of the monkey chute.

Perhaps the game programers did this on purpose just to drive us crazy! My poor Val and Zen will never be the same.

Ladybug

[This message has been edited by Ladybug (edited 07-02-2001).]
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 06:31 PM   #2
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Wow! I've only once gotten into the monkey chute area, but Anephas wasn't in there. How do you know it was him sleeping? Perhaps the temple monkeys worshipped him and that was their Anephas idol. Did he snore???

Congrats on your spooky find!
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 10:15 PM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ladybug,

If you can send me a screenshot of the monkey chute room on the automap I'll add it to the map of the graphic walkthrough of the Shrine. Thanks!

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:16 AM   #4
Moni

An awesome experience!
Thanks for sharing it!
Old 07-04-2001, 01:34 AM   #5
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

Rick, I e-mailed two screen shots. Hope you got them OK.

Ladybug
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote