Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 05:48 PM   #1
Night Blade
Dungeon Master

I'm asking because I managed to get a suit of Dagon Plate Mail from a treasure chest. I stole the king's key (Believe it or not I didn't kill him) and used it to open the room with the armor.
Is this all I need or do I need to go running round through the maze of mineshafts hunting for dragon ore???

------------------
Not many other adventurers can say they have made love to both Kerielle and Erzebette... at the same time
Night Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 05:56 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

NB - That's really all you need from the stout mines.

Now if you were to still go find the dragon ore and bring it back to the king and then steal it back and give it to him again, you could get LOTS of Dragon Plate Mail which can be a good thing!

Up to you if you want to wander through those mines trying to get the east trolley to take you down to lava land where you find the dragon ore.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 05:56 PM   #3
AliCat
Drow Warrior

No, finding dragon ore is not terribly hard. But the rest of the stout mines are worth doing for the gems you can dig up, the experience garnered, and the quest given by Scanthril to kill Raskalion (which will get you something special indeed).

AliCat
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 06:22 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi NightBlade! Congratulations on gettting the key and the armor without killing the King!

As for the ore, this is now your personal choice. And personally I wouldn't want to leave an area in the game entirely undone. However, you can always do it different the next time through if you are anixous to continue to another area right now. Besides the important options AliCat told you about, also deep within the mines, there are trecherous monsters and some mazes that take time to complete; so I understand if you want to go on to the Dragon Spire.

Let us know how you do it.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 08:13 PM   #5
Night Blade
Dungeon Master

Well I decided to venture into the mines... I'm really lost and frustrated... and lost. But I know when (if) I ever make it out alive that I will feel great!

Just because I didn't kill the king doesn't mean I wont...
I'll probably pay him a visit when my ninja finally becomes an assassin. As for all his guards... let's just say that firestorm works wonders in small confines...
Night Blade is offline   Reply With Quote