Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2001, 07:50 AM   #1
treehut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I thought this was funny...

On the dock of Brimloch, I noticed that my poor Lizzord barbarian was sweating profusely. So we rummage around his bag and find he's carrying 50! knife +1s. They're 5 POUNDS EACH! He's strong, but cripes, not that strong. Well, we sat him down, mopped his brow, divied up the goods, made him drop most of them, and the big dope kept picking them right up automatically everytime he passed them on the narrow dock. He just loves a good, sharp knife I guess. We went through these shenanigans two or three times before we got smart enough to just sell them, and at a good price too.

Lizzords, gotta love em'.

treehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 08:57 AM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Hehehe, that would be typical... I guess it's true, barbarians are dumm !
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 09:41 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!!!

Too funny, treehut!!

So easy not to realize just how much you are carrying on the items that can be stacked!

Better keep an eye on your Lizzord so he doesn't do it again!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 10:54 AM   #4
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

I had a similar problem with my Ranger, only she was intent on picking up arrows and healing potions. I mean, one arrow doesn't weigh very much, but 273 do! And they're worth peanuts! At least the healing potions are worth a few $. It was then I realised the disadvantages of the active character picking up any stackable items already in his/her inventory when the party walks over them, so I manage it much more closely now. I bought her some arrows from the Dojo, so she leaves the ordinary ones alone, now.

[This message has been edited by Fantaghiro (edited 05-20-2001).]
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 04:00 PM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL Another really cool thread! Just had to say so.

Barbarian (cousin to Mammawlin)
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 05:05 PM   #6
Max
Dungeon Master

One plus to the auto pick up of stackable items is that you can use this so that you do not have to ID items. If you keep, a one of each, of the more common items in youre infantry like bloodlust, cure poison, heal/great heal, knives and arows (items that are ID'd that is so you know what they are) then when you auto pick up the same items they are added to your existing, and ID'd for you. This can be very usefull early in the game before you get the ID skill.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote