Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 04:46 PM   #1
Traute
The Magister

I'm playing a single male Whiskah, who's currently a lvl 35 Assassin about to start Collasium. He's got one free slot on the skill screen. He hasn't spent any skill points on Prowess, or Stealth or Pickpocket, and I'd like your opinion which of those three you would get.
He circled through all the classes but Monk, and got stinking rich by selling self-made dragon arrows (with five additional blessings). So he's maxed out in everything but Gallantry (8) and Deathstrike (5), and he can train Deathstrike now, as he has just completed the third Dojo Quest.
Prowess would increase his speed, but he's rather fast anyway. Stealth would make him next to invisible, but he's using Invisibility a lot, as it increases his damage. He could pickpocket fiends - at least in a few levels - for some ankhs for my next party.

So, what would you do?

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 05:04 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm going to let those with wiser opinions advise you!

(sounds neat!!!)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 08:28 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Given that you're using the "Invisible" spell...put it in Prowess, IMO. It'll serve you better.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 10:12 PM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Agreed, Prowless can be very devastating to your foes. My last assassin was making over 120 damage from the sword of Argus and about another 80-100 damage from a Main Gauche +2 (12 in sword, gallantry and prowless with both weapons blessed to max).

Prowless will allow you to strike 2-3 times before your ennemy even realizes that maybe he should strike back. If you do heavy damage, he'll be dead before you know it.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 03:01 AM   #5
Traute
The Magister

Then Prowess it's going to be. I could even get a second one, like Stealth, after maxing out Deathstrike at the Dojo, as DS is the last on my list.

Thank you!

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote