Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 02:01 PM   #21
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Topside for Charlie!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 02:43 PM   #22
Charlie
Lord Ao

First impressions (gonna show my age here) are, it appears a little like Dungeon Master (anyone remember that?) If so, then I'll definitely get into it. DM was the first ever RPG/CRPG (dunno what the difference is) dungeon crawl type game that I ever played and I enjoyed it immensely. I followed that up with DM2 & Eye of the Beholder many moons ago. Am I right in thinking it's along those lines?

I think I'm sold already regardless, I just hope I can get it over here. Is it very old?

Thanks for the bump Wyvern

------------------
One love, peace.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:08 PM   #23
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Charlie: you should be able to find it at Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, or any of the large software wholesalers. It's only been about about 7-8 months...came out about the same time BG2 hit the shelves. (Stupid marketing decision, heheh!) Anyway, you shouldn't have to look too hard for it, and it's probably at a discount as well.

-Sazerac

P.S. Dungeon Master is a good call. It's like a 3D accelerated version of the old 1st person "dungeon crawls".

"S"
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:17 PM   #24
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks Sazerac although I'm not too sure any of those stores have outlets in London. I'll have a ring round tommorrow.

Did you play DM btw?

------------------
One love, peace.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:37 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, I'm seeing enough of my fellow BG2'ers are trying it and not running aways screaming and tearing their hair out...soooo I'm going to look for it.

I really love the IWD and BG2 interfaces (improved from BG1) so I'm not sure how I'll like this '1st person view'. And as LoA says, you have to take the WHOLE party when doing something? Um, can someone give me more info/advice on that, please? Maybe a bit more description of what you see, types of actions that can be taken, etc.

I see Sazerac mentioning something called lure/repel spells in conjunction with battle strategy to help with pc placement?

I am waiting for ToB, as are most of us diehard BG2 players, but I have no problem checking out a new game! I'm not weary of BG2 yet, haven't even finished a game yet! Hope to do so with my multi-play game. So I may not get to playing W &W as much as BK and LoA seem to be! But then again, they've seen the end of BG2 already! LOL

I learn these things pretty quickly, but I can say that a bad/buggy interface design is the one sure way to kill my enthusiasm for any computer game/program.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 04-10-2001).]
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 07:36 PM   #26
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Cloudy -

You might end up being one of the lucky ones, like myself, who played the whole game with narry a bug anywhere (not counting the undocumented "features").

Wyv
Old 04-10-2001, 07:47 PM   #27
Moni

Quote:
Originally poseted by CloudBringer;
And as LoA says, you have to take the WHOLE party when doing something? Um, can someone give me more info/advice on that, please? Maybe a bit more description of what you see, types of actions that can be taken, etc.
Basically, when you are in an area where you have to go like underwater for something, the whole party is involved in the effects of drowning...you can't seperate one guy to dive in a pool for something. You'll be seeing it as a first person perspective but will be able to make any of your party members "active" in case you need like the Breath of Air spell to navigate larger bodies of water like the Sea or the underwater city.

Like, I hope I did not confuse you more!

On another note...I had some serious crashing problems with my first install and an attempt to play with inadequate memory. Once the memory was upgraded and I installed the game again, I played without error from start to finish.

Moni

Old 04-10-2001, 07:54 PM   #28
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You'll also have underwater breathers and helms by the time you go searching for the underwater city!

(glub glub)

Wyv
Old 04-10-2001, 11:02 PM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Glub glub? ACK!!!

Moni and Wyvern, thanks for the info! I will buy it. But I fear the time factor....sigh.. hmmmm can I blow off family visit on vacation and play? sigh..not really...love my family/friends too! LOL

I'll do it somehow, though! I'm quite impressed with this crowd and the game sounds interesting!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 11:10 PM   #30
Moni

Cloudy, My Friend,

You Are Getting Sleeeeeeepy! Very Sleeeeeeepy!
Forget your family!
Forget your friends!
Forget sleeping and eating!
Get The Game!
Buy The Game! Buy The Game!
Repeat After Me..."Must Play W&W!"
"Must Play W&W"

Oh OK Go Visit the relatives and remember to feed your family if you must! You'll still like it even if you only manage to schedule in some "special play-time" all for yourself!

Hugs,
Moni