Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2001, 02:27 AM   #1
Traute
The Magister

I've heard that I can create a separate portal in every area. If I have a portal near the gate of Valeia, can I teleport there from the eastern gates of Ishad N'Ha?
Apart from porting back to the Lost Sea area, I've only been using Create Portal/Teleport inside dungeons, to cross Dragonspire or to get my ship unstuck.

Traute

------------------
Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 02:44 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Traute: Yes, that will work (the teleport to Valeia). As long as it's in the same overland map area, and only one exists.

Portals can definitely make getting around the game much easier, ESPECIALLY with the Dragonspire. Friends, develop your Moon magic skills! I always have at least one character who majors in Moon magic. (The Icestorm spell is also great against some of those "hot" demons...LOL).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 03:32 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Create Portal, Teleport and Call of Home are sooooooo useful!! Would have been nice if we could choose *which* of the portals we've created that we want to teleport to.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 05:16 PM   #4
Traute
The Magister

Sazerac: Then it's not true after all that you're allowed one portal per area. A pity really, because in this game I wanted them to change to warlock after Dragonspire to stay in that class until just before going in to fight Cet when they would change to Samurai. But my athletics may be able to max out about then, so it might be ok.
I'm currently running a team of four chars that started as wizards, changed to ranger at lvl 12, and have just now changed to Paladin (apart from my Quick Learner who changed to Paladin a bit earlier and is at lvl 9 now). They'll do about 7 lvls each of Monk, Bard and Ninja and then change to Warlock as a challenge to myself, as this is my fifth time through. They'll rush through a second game after changing to the super-elite classes, because I'd like to see what valkyrie and zenmaster are like. I've only played them up to lvl 14 at most.
Wyvern: I also like Moon magic. Found it especially useful at Collasium where most of the other spells fizzle.
Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 07:56 PM   #5
Max
Dungeon Master

Just to confuse things more, I have used portals in two overland areas at the same time. I could teleport to a portal in the lost sea from the west gate of brimloch. I could also teleport to a portal outside the gate of Ishad N'ha, from the east gate of bromloch.

I haven't tried using a third portal in the Valeia area yet but as im playing through again I'll try it and find out.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:54 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, Max, that definitely works. To clarify, I should have said,

"one portal in each overland map region."

There are three of these: one from Valeia to Ishad N'ha, one from Ishad N'ha to Brimloch Roon, and one west of Brimloch Roon. Each one can contain one portal. Each successive portal you set in that region will overwrite the previous one.

Oh for the MM Lloyd's Beacon spell with its five locations!!!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:59 PM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Create Portal and Teleport - I never could get these @#%*ing spells to work

how it goes again?

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote