Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 08:19 PM   #1
ThulsaDoom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello... i'm contemplating on whether i should buy wizards and warriors or wait for wizardry 8 , but since wizardry 8 isnt coming out for a while , i 'm kinda looking at W&W . i have a couple of questions for you guys , if you can be so kind to assist me , thanks . i know that the graphics are a little outdated but i was wondering if the game is better looking then Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor ? also , i was wondering if in W&W you can see the enemies coming , or do they just appear ?
ThulsaDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 08:40 PM   #2
slug
Manshoon

Buy the game! the enemies can be seen in their approach if you are a wary adventurer. they do not just appear or just pop off either. the graphics have been better in worse games, but they are great for this type of game. check out the Gael Serran Examiner for screen shots, on this board. i got about 3 months worth of gaming out of it (i do work full time) and i think it will be at least that long before we see wiz8, i very much hope to be wrong on that one.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 08:47 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This is a really fun game!! I've enjoyed W&W more than any CRPG I have played in years! Keep us bookmarked - if you get the game, you can always find help here, and if not help, lots of FUN!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 09:46 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Let me be a "third" in saying that the game is very worthwhile. There are a few bugs in it, but, IMO, most of them are biased toward the player, and after you learn the interface, it works very well. Having played MM7, I'd say the graphics are as good, if not better (and I thoroughly enjoyed MM7 for the most part, except it got a little slow at the end...no such thing in WW and no switching to a danged Sci-Fi motif in midstream). There's a lot of humor in the game as well, which you'll pick up while talking to the NPC's.

Also check out the Wizardry 8 forum here...I'm the moderator at that forum (even though I'm a regular poster here as well). We're mainly discussing older Wizardry games there right now, but there's some useful links for preordering Wiz 8, as well as some good info on what's coming up.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 07:30 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Hey ThulsaDoom, welcome!

This is the only game I am playing again after finishing once, and still having fun! Some posters here have played through several times. It really is worth the money and effort spent, so I say give it a try.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 12:36 PM   #6
Zardon
Welcomed New User

I recommend you buy it from a place that you can return it like EB. Just in case you are one of the few people (like myself) who can't run the game.
Zardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 12:51 PM   #7
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

I also extend my welcome to you, ThulsaDoom. An Explorer and Adventurer is always welcomed here I have found. WW is a great game and I love it and this forum. I bought the game for my daughter who lives far away from me, and she loves it too. I therefore recommend it hardily!

Mammawlin

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 02:37 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

topside
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 10:29 PM   #9
Conan

Thulsa, you will never escape from me..