Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
Ingulf The Mad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Whats with The AMAZONI MANTRAPS? the first time i was wiped out, i was to busy picking up stuff to notice them crawling up behind me, the next time i knew they where coming and attacked them, 2 secs later dead as a dodo , do i just run and come back later when im super-species or do i just keep avoiding them ?

Spell books, how do u read them? does a read icon appear if u can learn them , as i have a vine-speller , and she does not have them spell, but it will not let her learn it. ?any idea why?

lastly do u come across other chars to teach u skills?, im at the second town but still have not found anyone to teach me artifact or forge skills.

thanks

------------------
Ingulf The Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Do a search on the forum for MANTRAPS - you will find lots of excellent advice on how to deal with them!

Spell books - when you click on their icon in your inventory if your character is capable of learning the spell they can do so by reading (or is it invoking?) the book. Your character may not be a high enough level yet to learn the spell in question.

Be certain to do the GUILD quests! The higher your level in the guilds the more skills they can teach you, including Artifact, and Forge!

(you need be be level 3 in the wizard or priest guild to learn Artifact)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:11 PM   #3
Serath
Manshoon

1) The mantraps are tough to beat this early in the game. Most players use hit-and-run tactics using flame based spells.

2) There should be a read option on books that you can use. If that branch of spells is not available to you, or you are not of a high enough level, the option will not appear.

3) Some items will give you additional traits, but as far as I know, NPC's will not. The forge and artifact traits can be learned at the guilds, if you are a high enough level in that guild.

Serath
"Together we will apply our collective boots to our enemies."
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:14 PM   #4
Serath
Manshoon

Ha! You beat me this time Wyv. I guess you own the title again. LOL

Serath
"Sword meet evil. Evil meet sword!!!"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote