Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2001, 05:37 PM   #1
Aprentice2All

How do you get past it? I already tried pushing stuff under there. I have an empty tresure chest and a broken barrel under the gate. But, It didn't bounce back up like everyone said it would. Why not? Is there a better or easier way?
Old 02-24-2001, 05:53 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Have you tried the way your supposed to do it? Hit both switches, and go through the gate, without walking throught the center fire. If you haven't tried that yet, well, try it.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 06:02 PM   #3
Aprentice2All

What switches are you talking about?
Old 02-24-2001, 06:07 PM   #4
Nanobyte

This is the room with the center fire that heals your party, is it not?
Old 02-24-2001, 06:13 PM   #5
Aprentice2All

No. This room kills your people when you walk through fire. I wish it would heal me though.
Old 02-24-2001, 06:15 PM   #6
Nanobyte

Oh, then I didn't do that room. Can't help any .
Old 02-24-2001, 06:17 PM   #7
Lost_Dude

Walk through the midle fire up to the gate then back through it and then walk around the middle and walk through the gate
Old 02-24-2001, 06:34 PM   #8
Pascha

Okay, I might repeat something said in older post, but saving you to dig through, the basic facts:

There are to different fire traps, which you pick depends on the doll you take (red or blue) and which side you open (fiddle around to get the one you want by trying the crystal on the left, then the right).

The LEFT fire trap is the "warrior's path" and it is easier, the middle fire heals but if you touch it last, the door will not open - there are two switches in the little rooms to the side which block the door, so make it easier to pass.

The RIGHT fire trap is the "wizzard's path" and (1) the trap is more difficult (2) you have to fight a "... warrior" which is immune to spells & (3) you get some good items including an Ankh. The easiest way through the "wizzard's trap" is "jump-start" after you turn the corner which make it visible & just hold the shift-key down while you race through. You might have to try a few times because if you are not fully straight you might hit a pillar, but it definitely works. So, turn the corner & make a save - then try ....
Good Luck
Old 02-24-2001, 11:51 PM   #9
Moni

That certainly is the harder of the two paths.
I could never get the gate to stay open trying to manipulate my characters around the edges once it was opened and resorted to using a crate which worked when I ran through carrying it.
Might make all the difference compared to a barrel or a chest. I dunno!
: )
Moni
Old 02-25-2001, 12:38 AM   #10
Aprentice2All

Thank you Pascha, I'll be sure to try it out.