Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2001, 11:40 AM   #11
Silence

There you go! Even Freyedies wants to commit murder for his own gain! lol! Every NPC in this game is evil! So, for once, instead of picking on the rats, pick on the other "evil" characters...like Freyedies. Say, "Once I get that Dragon Armour off that bastard Freyedies, I am going to kill him right away! You know that he is trying to kill the honourable assassin Scanthril?" LOL!
Old 02-03-2001, 11:43 AM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One other moral dilemma...if you talk to Raskallion long enough before killing him, you find out that he's with the Hidden Circle. To kill him would be to violate one's vow of honor to the Hidden Circle (if you pledged that to Gorthius at the start of the game).

One of the things that does make DW Bradley's games so powerful is the question of these moral dilemmas; nothing is truly "black and white." This held true in his Wizardry series games as well; very few NPC's were pure moral paragons or utterly depraved villains; they exist somewhere between these two poles, and your character's interactions with them pose these fascinatinga (and frustrating) dilemmas.

I solved the dilemma with a rationalization (as I imagine many do), that to best avenge Gareth and protect other innocents from being slaughtered by these unscrupulous characters, I "pretend" to league with them and do their job for them, then, upon becoming Assassin, make my first duty their extermination (as I later exterminate Grue Morde for the same reason). Of course, as I said, this is a rationalization! (end justifies the means?)

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 01:39 PM   #13
Silence

This is the problem isn't it... Do the ends justify the means? This in itself cause you to choose if you are anti or pro "Skanthrilism". If you think the ends justify the means, then it is ok for you to kill Raskalion, but it is also ok to kill Skanthril. So either way, you are caught in a continuous loop of circular logic!
Old 02-03-2001, 08:29 PM   #14
Mammawlin

I snuffed the little rat - after I got what I needed and he tried to send me to the boogers. But were't he and the other thief from two different clicks. . . seems the little rat called the hidden circle "whimps" or some such name? Excuse me if I tread on your thread, but have been gone for awhile and missed you guys so much - just had to reply!
Old 02-07-2001, 05:04 PM   #15
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I solved the moral issues by being new, going out Ishad N'ha the worng way, missing the Amazoni things, and killing the rat before he could say anything (all of my characters lived too).

On the other hand I was not real interested in having an Assassin in my first go around. I hope I can get by without one later on.

I also have two Whiskas in my party and, as my name and nick-name suggest, I am a cat lover and just naturally thought that it would be great to kill some mice.

Now I need to go lick myself clean.
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 03:47 PM   #16
Heado'Cabbage

silence-

actually, killing raskalion wasnt an evil act at all for me. when i refused to help him rob freyedies, he threw bombs at me. the fierstorm spell i then cast was an act of self defence. obviously.

does looking for him count as an evil act? not at all. one could well suppose that your characters wanted to look into this matter before deciding on a course of action.

besides, the assassin u then become is one linked to the thieves guild; one dedicated to the defense of the gael serran (???! i thought it pretty odd meself, this bit. but thats what bratsol said)