Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 07:14 PM   #1
Moni

Who would we want to curse that we aren't going to kill anyway?
; )
Moni
Old 01-11-2001, 07:41 PM   #2
Sean Mc.

How about some of the whackos that send us on stupid quests? I'm thinking Rat Pie guy could have probably used a good curse (or three.)
Old 01-11-2001, 07:43 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

I think they are in the game, mainly for me to fill up my inventory and then to make me think,"Gee, why am I carrying all these stupid dolls if I'll never use 'em?". Then I toss them out.

I was doing that with Mana potions. I think Mana potions are pretty useless because all my characters have some form of magic and mana "refills" pretty fast as you go along.

There's quite a load of useless "junk" outside Brimlock Roon now, after I dumped my stuff.

Hope I don't get fined for littering!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 10:56 PM   #4
Moni

LMAO "The Rat-Pie Guy"! You are avsolutely right! I think I'll hang onto a few of these things in case I meet up with someone so deserving as I go along here!

Mark, I have a pile outside the gates of Ishad N'ha, lol! Had thrown the bridge crank down there long before I went to Brimloch Roon & was so irked that I had to ride all that way back from Dragon Spire to get it! That reminds me...I wonder where I left the horse?!?!?!?!?!
Hmmm, a Voodoo doll on he horse? No, that would just be mean.
Scanthril or his little rat buddies! YEAH! I'll curse them all tomorrow & then go back a week from now & kill 'em all!

: )
Moni
Old 01-11-2001, 10:57 PM   #5
adam mage

I'm still debating whether or not to dump the gems!
yellow, red, green, and purple...
I've forgotten their purpose.....
Old 01-11-2001, 11:14 PM   #6
Moni

Adam!
Sell them sell them sell them! I always kept one of each in my inventory so I could pick them up & have them identified when I got back to town, lol. Wow! Now that I picked up the Artifacts Skill, I have lots more room in my inventory from having done the same with most potions & all those powders that I never used!
Old 01-12-2001, 05:48 AM   #7
carg
The Magister

Voodoo dolls and mana potions (and gems) are nice sources of money: 100 to 200 for 1 inventory space. (Naturally that's not very interesting for people whoh use gold cheats, but I can always use more money.)
When one of my characters is cursed (from a chest) he can't attack anymore. If cursing an opponent prevents him from attacking me those dolls will come in handy! But the few times I tried that I noticed little effect.
Cursing Bilbump: how mean. He just ran away from the Stout Mines because people were getting crazy there, found a nice quiet graveyard and then some lunatic adventurers come along and curse him! His brother though might hardly notice.
Using Mana Potions: sometimes they come in handy in a long fight, e.g. in the boogre caves, when you want to take out the lillies with firestorms, or when you're running out of spirit mana to cure. So I usually keep a few Max ones in reserve.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:43 AM   #8
Moni

I initially tried a few "vestal urns" in Skull Castle to see if the Voodoo dolls would do anything significant...when that failed I went to sell them and saw the going rate...not bad for a rotted dolly! So I figured out I should probably see what they do & used one on some Plague Skel I think. Wondered why I would want to curse something I am going to kill anyway...didn't notice if it kept me from getting hit (I think he was dead before he ever had the chance to strike back)!
I didn't curse the Rat Thieves, I just went & killed them all one by one saving Scanthril for last & then had to laugh at & feel bad for him at the same time when he called his fellow members of the hand out to kill me!
I tried talking with him first, just to see what he had to say, can you believe that lil rat was going to send me to the Boogre Caves for another "job"? "Yeah! Tell 'em Scanthril sent ya! They'll take real good care of ya!" Maybe I should not have felt so bad after all!
Anywho, I sold the voodoo dolls, figuring I could use the cash more at this point in the game (nearly broke again from training). If I run across someone who CAN slap us around, I'll consider getting one or two back from the pawn shop, lol!
Old 01-12-2001, 11:47 AM   #9
Moni

Carg,
I forgot to add, that I too keep a few Mana potions on hand! As bad as we think we may be there just could be something around the next corner that we won't have enough magic to take out or heal up from! (I only have one character with cure poison & @ tops, he only has seven)