Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 02:17 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I tried it out, and it worked. It is possible to get to the Lost Sea area before doing the Anephas Shrine, although you need a character with VERY high Agility and Athletics. Have him/her jump to the top of the port wall in Brimloch Roon, then "jump/walk" along the southern border until you pass Talrik's cove. Jump down from the treetops and presto, you're in the Lost Sea area! I placed a portal there and "Call of Home'd" back to Brimloch Roon. I don't know if I'll actually do anything with the portal; I mainly wanted to see if it could be done...and it can.

Sazerac

P.S. Using a similar technique, you may be able to revisit Kerah's Shrine as well, if you're playing w.o. the patch. "Saz"
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 03:09 AM   #2
Moni

:: wondering now if I can retrieve that vorpal dart from atop Skull Castle ::

I threw it at a dragonfly thinking I was close enough to strike with my sword...it landed on top of the Skull. : )
Old 01-11-2001, 05:52 AM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Amazing! I have yet to get to the top of any walls . . . How high is VERY high? I would like to be one of the wall crawlers this time around. Do all my characters need to have high or just the lead?

Moni - I got no vorpal dart in my last game . . . where did you get it so I can try this game. The pixie needs light throwing objects. Do you hate it when you think you are close enough but aren't? I had one character who carried poison bombs or fire bombs at the ready and while I wasn't close enough to hit with the sword I was usually close enough to experience the effects of the bomb.
Old 01-11-2001, 11:47 AM   #4
Moni

Aw Lily! I don't remember where the vorpal dart came from! Maybe some rogues, maybe some rats!
More than likely I got it while exploring a new area at night...sound advice says not to, but the enemies always carry better stuff you can get from them after you kill 'em!
Old 01-11-2001, 11:51 AM   #5
Moni

Oh, & YES! I do hate throwing things when I am not within range to strike! Have not had the opportunity to use the fire bombs yet, lol.
I saved throwing skills for later in the game as in the beginning the enemy would be in my face so fast there was never time to ready anything. (Could be because I am usually running, lol!)
Old 01-11-2001, 04:58 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Lily,

I'd say minimum skill level 8 in athletics and a minimum 16 in Agility. IMO, I think Agility bears more weight than Athletics, but both go together to create a "leaper". And, yes, only one character needs it; the others follow along willy-nilly (kind of like the Horse; everyone rides). Make sure that's the character you have selected when attempting the jump.

You can probably make it with lower scores, but the ones I've posted are pretty much sure-fire.

Also: I've found Vorpal darts on the Centaurs near Brimloch Roon. Centaurs are always good for a lot of loot.

Sazerac.
Old 01-11-2001, 05:31 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Most Excellent, Sazerac!!!!

Something new that I can try - oooo, I love the fact that in this game you can try and do things like this!!
Thanks for sharing this!! (slip should create a new section for really great tidbits like this!)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 05:41 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Wyvern! Glad to pass anything along I find!

One thing I was thinking about is that, now that we know that there is a Wizard quest after the Seed quest, is that you can sneak around the southern border doing the "leap" thing, kill the Hydra, and go after the trees on the Isle of Sands, then, after geting the seeds, get the third Wizard quest to open the Anephas Shrine. I wonder if this is the sort of Lateral Thinking puzzle Bradley was wanting us to go for?

Nah, just bad design.

Sazerac
Old 01-11-2001, 11:53 PM   #9
Lily the Ranger

Thanks! Centaurs do give some of the best stuff (although the ankh at cets where NICE) . . . I may have stopped using throwing most items because spells were so high . . . knives certainly do weigh a lot. Thanks for the stats with points so precious it is good to know everyone doesn't have to raise their athletics up. Giving this one more nudge to the top so the dare-devils can get their kicks.

Note: Only try this at home with proper supervision . . . forum and its members are not responsible for lost or stolen characters.