Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2001, 05:31 PM   #1
nimda

I'm searching the ocean and coast for about 3 hours, found and killed 10 crabs
but only 3 shells. Enemy frequency ist often and it is a little bit boring
searching around...
Any good locations for crabs ?
Is it possible to play underwater city with 3 characters ?
Is the underwater breather (or what it's name ?) necessary ?
Old 01-08-2001, 05:39 PM   #2
Xignal76

For crab shells I stayed near the shorelines - just underwater and popping up to catch a breath of air. There doesn't seem to be any particular area where they congregate, though. It took me a LONG time to get 15 shells.

The breathers are VERY useful. I tried playing with one of my characters aparatusless and finally gave up after the third drowning.
Old 01-08-2001, 06:20 PM   #3
Mohazek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Might also try turning up you spawn rate in your options menu if you havent already
Mohazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 07:27 PM   #4
adam mage

when I saw your subject title...
I couldn't help myself....

Adam: AGGH! I got crabs!
AZE: I warned you about sleeping with Kerielle .....
Old 01-11-2001, 07:56 AM   #5
Junglegirl

I started with two series of breathers and helmets, gave one set to a paladin(former priest) who had the resurrection spell, the other to a warrior, dived down to the sunken city and found inside the gate a lot of crabs WITH shells. I went back to the port to get more breathers and helmets. In the end I had plenty of shells AND breathers and helmets for all six party_ members
Old 01-22-2001, 12:13 AM   #6
MarArch

If any of your characters has "Spirit Eye" (Spiritual magic, level 2, I believe) equip your best fighter and that character with the two sets of breathing gear you can get initially, then send them out for some Scuba fishing. Keep casting Spirit Eye. Living creatures in the water will appear on the small map as red dots so Spirit Eye can act like "Fishing Sonar". Just move toward them. Stay along the bottom. Most of them will be either fish, sharks, eels or barcudas, but in two hours of playing I found enough crab shells to equip my entire party.