Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 11:51 PM   #1
Dwarf

Let's start with the bleedin' obvious: according to the Boogre guard "Cage is for bad people, bad Boogres is gold takers,bad Boogres go in cage" or something like that.After conning him into believing that I wasn't a gold taker (Durin had to be physically restrained by Telar and Carenis (whose hands where in his mouth) but it just about worked). Then geuss what, I find a bar with Boogre brew.The barman tells me that "Boogre brew is good,Boogre brew makes Boogres happy,Boogre brew make strong,it help with the bug sting too" and then proceeds to charge me.Well excuse me but I just saw him bein' a gold taker! Does that mean that he should go in the cage? Is he in cahoots with S'Keser Da on some major wealth obtaining scam? Or is it just poor design? Boogres are almost nice (100 extra hp is fun) but they're so slow! Telar dropped his change by mistake instead of giving it to Bluebarb and was in what I call "hit recovery" for three whole seconds! Fighting becomes painfully slow and the speed of Boogres is the only reason to run from the Jungle Lillies.Normally I have noticed that these things can't breath at you when you're waving swords and axes in their faces,they tend to bite.This reduces the ammount of damage that they can do considerably but unfortunately only works if you've got one on it's own (and we all know that they're not easy to isolate). In the Boogre caves the most effective way is to get them in a narrow tunnel (they keep on trying to move sideways and ignore you if another Boogre is blocking the doorway to S'Kexer Da's chambers, Pris Kiel a (sounds like Priest Killer) is perfect for this.
One final thought,not only Boogres are stupid: Glad to be back in their own true forms the party surveyed the room before them.A strange pattern of round holes where arrayed around the walls."Right," said Telar,"Durin,Gertha, you're both technically minded, how do we get out of this?" A solution was made (I found that you can jump up and use two of the sockets before gravity took over and I plummeted to the ground). After some moments contemplation the short pair came up with a plan: "Well," said Durin,"Gertha reckons this one'll work. If Telar stands on Carenis' shoulders and Lisa stands on Telar's shoulders then Shevine can stand on Lisa's shoulders and Gertha can stand on Shevine's shoulders and I stand on Gertha's shoulders and Carenis stands on my shoulders we should just about be able to reach the top and get out.Throw down a rope like.Hang on, that won't work."
Old 01-08-2001, 01:32 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hehehehe Always a great story, Balgin!!
Now - are you asking for help with those dratted sticks and sockets or just amusing us with yet another chapter of your parties progression?? (btw - how did you manage to get pass the BAR once you found it????)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 02:44 PM   #3
Dwarf

The bar? I just stood on it to get his attention,but I couldn't buy the Boogre Brew through conversation so I actually had to go into everybody's packs and devide their gold into two piles (one of five and one of the rest).Then each one of them "gave him the coins.I couldn't give him anything from ontop of the bar,and he wouldn't talk to me behind it (but he would take gold).He sometimes talked to me when I stood in front of the bar but ignored anything I said so I resorted to standing on it (this also meant that the annoying Plunders couldn't reach me).Whilst in the Boogre caves I didn't even kill Plunders, just the occassional Boogre Murderers and the annoying Jungle Lillies "help, whole party gagging and stumbling" (as if Boogres weren't slow enough anyway)!I found my way out past the blocks (two of the ones that you need to climb to to open the way for the left hand passage (Giant) need others out ).Simple, first I raised the blocks to the right hand passage (this can be done with two sticks) and put the third stick into thw hole at the top.That broughtt up a first floor one (as oposed to second floor or ground floor).Next I went back to the ground floor layer.I took out the stick that held in the top layer of my escape route.I then walked up to the one sticking up in the air over head height and jumped untill I landed on it.I now used this socket and dropped back down to the ground.I then walked to the other stick (at a similar height) that was holding up the first floor block of the right hand escape route.I jumped up and grabbed this on the way past in order to re use it to raise up the block directly below the hole allowing me to go left.
Old 01-08-2001, 02:57 PM   #4
Gauleiter

Dividing gold up into 5 and TheRest is annoying, but consider: a 5gp Cure Poison is not bad, huh? Don't regular ones cost like 125gp? Not to mention that you can pass one to the little stout guy and get a writ without searching all over to find the dead guy...

BTW, did anyone else go on a killing spree in Boogreland? I know, I know, they're innocent poor fat ugly dumb cursed guys, and that the witch Up Your Da is the only one who deserves to die, but MAN they're worth a nice bit of experience on Hard and they don't fight back (well they try and always seem to miss). Whenever I leave Boogreland, there's not a single thing left living in there that didn't spawn after I left

Oh, and I much prefer Flamestrike and Incinerate, good ol' sun spells, for dealing with Lilies, and Firestorm if they're packed up next to each other (and if I've got it)...
Old 01-08-2001, 03:58 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Perhaps I phrased my question incorrectly...
Once your party found the bar with the boogre brew - how did they manage to get your dwarf to leave to explore any more of the caves? (you ran out of gold eventually??) hehehe

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 04:21 PM   #6
Dwarf

Durin hawked and spat at the floor,"I ain't touching that muck!" he said.
"Why not?"asked Telar.
"Lookat it, it says Boogre on it," to emphasize his point Durin flicked a semi solid chunk of snot into the cask,it evaporated in an acidic sizzle," I mean, come on! It ain't even Bugman's XXXXXXXX !"

That's how.Actually I totally forgot about drinking the stuff and killed the bug without it.I drank it when I faced the Witch (and really wished I'd saved it for that last tunnel full of Jungle Lillies).
Old 01-08-2001, 05:10 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Did you remember to use it on the Bongu Idol?
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 11:27 AM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

bump

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote