Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
bongo

Hello there.
I'm a long time reader of this great thread but first time writer.

I've just finished WW and it left me in dire need of some great game. I'd like some advice
from the pros.
I really liked both WW and BG2, respectively for the first-person perspective and the complex -not too much linear- roleplay.

So, what RPG would you suggest?
Old 01-04-2001, 01:02 AM   #2
Mohazek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My own personal fav is EverQuest atm. Of course that costs $$/month but is a pretty fair MMorpg.

As far as single players - Icewind Dale was fun and there should be a expansion for that soon.
Mohazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 01:21 AM   #3
bongo

Thanks for the advice Mohazek,

I never played massively- err... how is called again?

Some questions about it:
-is there a goal (quests), or you barely interact with people?
-how does it work with a 56K modem?
-how much is lots of $$$?

I must admit i'm suspicious about this kind of game. Single-player games makes it easier (i think) to create an atmosphere.
I also got the fear that my 1rst level wimp gets killed every time by XP(or simply blood)-thirsty high-level parties.

About Icewind dale, i've already played. Didn't find it as good as BG1 though. It lacked the R of RPG. Plain bashing is fun for a time, but I got bored somewhere before the end.
Old 01-04-2001, 04:05 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Have you played the MM games yet? Both Might and Magic 6 and 7 are (reasonably) good 1st person RPG's. Mind you, MM6 is the game that goes on FOREVER (just about), and both of them have the annoying tactic of having to switch to a Sci-Fi setting (those annoying blasters) but both of them are a lot of fun. Get Might and Magic Millenium if you can; you'll also get MM 3 & 4 as well (the Xeen series, which has dated graphics but great gameplay). Skip the lame MM8 Day of the Destroyer. Not worth it.

Sazerac.
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote