Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2000, 10:00 AM   #31
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Krom - I said it was great to see a Russian W&W because I think it is wonderful that people all over the world share an interest and I really enjoyed visiting the site. There is nothing insulting in that comment, implied or intended. I'm sorry that you thought the remark was some sort of insult.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 01:40 PM   #32
Lily the Ranger

I don't know if anyone is familiar with "Pinky and the Brain" (two lab mice trying to take over the world). Should we take over the world? I get a bit (really, really) discouraged when I look at any government. Perhaps we could make all people happy by furnishing free CRPG games? I am not an just American, I am a very odd human being, I am a Ranger/Samurai/Assassin/Valkyrie (wannabe). And I need some coffee. Keep those hints and spoilers and MAPS coming!!! All are welcome but abandon all hope ye who enter here (my house is a mess!).
Old 03-09-2001, 11:29 AM   #33
analander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankenstein:

I remember my friends telling me that this gentlemen pilfered hints from the numerous W&W boards, giving no credit to the people that actually discovered them. A very complete site, with great info on the older Wizardy series and my fav, Wiz 7. For the Wizards and Warriors section, I will have to give a thumbs down for the stealing and such. But all in all, a very good site!

Fun Rating: 1 (about as exciting as hemorrhoids, nothing personal).
Informative Rating: 9 (you've got a lot of good stuff, but you're still a thief)
Cheap Rip Off Rating: -7 (sorry man)
Hi all,

This is my site, so I feel obligated to respond to the dash of cold water quoted above.

The purpose of my site is to provide information on Wizardry and Wizards & Warriors to the fans. Period. There are no ad banners, affiliate sales links, or any other commercial items clogging the site.

Much information within the site is built upon other sources, and there is a credits page devoted to giving original author attributions.

The various Wizards & Warriors bug lists and hints were compiled by myself, taken from a variety of overlapping fora and personal discoveries and correspondence. The prose was all crafted by myself from scratch, and in many cases, including the classes data, bugs, cheats, and especially the walkthrough, several entries are based on discoveries I made on my own.

When the game was released, many of the bugs and cheating vulnerabilities were repeatedly cross-posted to various forums, making it difficult for me to bother including an original author attribution on each one. Just because someone posts something to a forum doesn't necessarily mean that they discovered it on their own, or for that matter that I read the post before adding the material to my site.

I'm sorry if for these reasons my attempts to compile a valuable gaming resource is viewed with such disdain as "pilfered hints" and a "Cheap Rip Off", but I'd just like to point out that my site represents an effort devoted to making a valuable site for the fans, and not made for any sort of commercial profit or intended violation or mis-attribution others' discoveries.

- John Hubbard

(ED: Please, no site promoting- Ask for a link, we'll add it)

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 03-09-2001).]
analander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 11:42 AM   #34
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by analander:
[B] Hi all,

This is my site, so I feel obligated to respond to the dash of cold water quoted above.

The purpose of my site is to provide information on Wizardry and Wizards & Warriors to the fans. Period. There are no ad banners, affiliate sales links, or any other commercial items clogging the site.

Much information within the site is built upon other sources, and there is a credits page devoted to giving original author attributions.

The various Wizards & Warriors bug lists and hints were compiled by myself, taken from a variety of overlapping fora and personal discoveries and correspondence. The prose was all crafted by myself from scratch, and in many cases, including the classes data, bugs, cheats, and especially the walkthrough, several entries are based on discoveries I made on my own.

When the game was released, many of the bugs and cheating vulnerabilities were repeatedly cross-posted to various forums, making it difficult for me to bother including an original author attribution on each one. Just because someone posts something to a forum doesn't necessarily mean that they discovered it on their own, or for that matter that I read the post before adding the material to my site.

I'm sorry if for these reasons my attempts to compile a valuable gaming resource is viewed with such disdain as "pilfered hints" and a "Cheap Rip Off", but I'd just like to point out that my site represents an effort devoted to making a valuable site for the fans, and not made for any sort of commercial profit or intended violation or mis-attribution others' discoveries.

- John Hubbard
B]
Ah, You've got a pretty cool site, But I wish you gave me credit (Atleast a link) for using that W&W Map I scanned in, and totally redid. )I had to digitally erase all the areas names because the type came in rather blurry, so I re-typed it all in Photoshop).

Took me a good 2 hours

Old 03-09-2001, 11:47 AM   #35
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by carg:
Sorry Ziroc about the critical notes about your site,
your's was the first I found, and the hints/tips section really got me going. Only then I started hoping there would come more, and checking the site I saw news with today's date: "New hints/tips added", so full of expectations I opened that section, and there was nothing new. Bummers.
Perhaps you could add a date to each message. I'm looking forward to new additions
I don't know if ya know this or not, but I run this entire site by myself, and that means EVERY area , Baldurs Gate 1,2, Icewind Dale, Darkstone Wizards & Warriors etc. So its hard to update it daily, but I do add things weekly usually (Like more quests or user's tips sometimes).

I'll be adding some more user tips this Monday btw, I've really gotten a lot of GREAT tips in email--Thanks to all that sent them in!!

Ziroc
Webmaster