Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2000, 10:27 AM   #1
QuigQuag

I'm still looking for a good pc gaming store, of the old "brick and mortar" variety, in the Toronto, Canada area. The ones I know of have mediocre selection and the clerks arent gamers so dont know/care what your talking about. Thanks all for the suggestions about online shopping sites. I'm not really comfortable with online shopping yet, hell, I only joined this board a few days ago even though I have been using it for help for about a month. Also living in Canada, we find that $20 Us becomes almost $40 Can, then add to that the S&H plus customs usually dings us for a percentage on anything we import.... You get the picture.
Old 12-16-2000, 11:10 AM   #2
Serath
Manshoon

Yeah, that exchange rate is a killer. I nearly had to file for bankrupcy after my last trip to Denver. I seem to remember being impressed by the selection of games that Babbages had. It's been a long time since I've been to one of those stores, however, as there don't seem to be many of them out west. I don't think the sales people were all that knowledgeable either. A lot of those chains will try to sell you anything, whether you're interested in that gendre of games or not. That's about all the help I can be, as I've only visited Toronto a couple of times.

Serath
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 01:04 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Shopping on line scares the H*** out of me but my husband does it for work so he says you make sure you have a secured site. Some one else was talking about being able to download demo games of the newer ones coming out so you don't get stuck with something you don't enjoy. Are the Americans going to have to start smuggling you games? Fellow gamer in de-stress! Perhaps if I ever have my dream come true of driving the Alcan, I can find some mules to bring you a game or two. Lily the Spy.
Old 12-16-2000, 02:37 PM   #4
xenotoca

Here in the UK we have several good software chain stores with lot of software but the two biggies I looked in only had one copy of W&W (one had none after I brought it). Have no fears about shopping on line I have brought items from bith the US and Germany with my credit card no problem.
The best place to find retro games at knock down prices is on the auction sites like Ebay and Yahoo both of which have a dedicated computer games section. The last three copies of daggerfall to go through went for about $10 a copy and one had the Prima strategy guide as well. 99.9% of sellers on these sites are 100% reliable (if in doubt check their feedback)
Old 12-16-2000, 06:05 PM   #5
Lily the Ranger

EBAY!!! DOH!! I had a very funny dream the other night . . . dreamt I struggled through a long tunnel and came outs in this cave with a VERY high sparkly jeweled ceiling . . .there were castles with names on them Wyv, Xeno, all you answer gods and goddesses were there. I was excited to get to visit my friends. The the radio alarm went off. I think I have been playing a bit too much.
Old 12-16-2000, 06:23 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Wow, looks like so many of those answer gods and godesses are online as we speak. Any minute some poor unsuspecting guy or gal is going to post about the door in the crypt, or the 4th monkey idol, or why the dragon won't listen when you yell Elseramavin, and they are going to get a veritable torrent of replies. Keyboards ready everyone, it could happen any minute know.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 08:19 PM   #7
xenotoca

Lily you are rich........a radio alarm clock no less. I have to do with a Great Dane prodding me with its paw.

PS Is keeping Fish a requisite of being a W&W player if you want to know why I ask look at

http://home.clara.net/xenotoca
Old 12-17-2000, 12:05 AM   #8
Lily the Ranger

I have been there, Mysterious Foreigner!!! I have looked into the depths and seen him. Kind of cute in a finny kind of way!
Sigh missed you all again! Lily says a xeno and a davr have passed this way! Wyv is harder to track, she flies! Slip, well the name says it all! Scronan, he is even trickier!!! Lilies they just sit by the pond in camouflagey!
Old 12-17-2000, 04:29 AM   #9
carg
The Magister

Hey, if money is not over-abundant, and you know no real-life money cheat, why not try some free games, like nethack. The graphics may not be impressive, and you'll need some time to get used to the controls, but the gameplay is great. Or try another variant, angband, which even (!) supports mouse.

Example: In nethack you can polymorph into a vampire and suck those nasty critters dry. Or polymorph your faithful pet dog into a dragon, put a saddle on it and charge. (I bet a dragon can cope with 6 partymembers on it's back )
carg is offline   Reply With Quote