Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2000, 04:14 PM   #1
lost7boy

I run aAMD K6-2 500 mhz with Rage 128 3d card. as soon as i leave city game crashes to desktop and game shuts down. Is anyone else with this combo having this problem...if you have this combo and game works PLEASE EMAIL ME! Mr. Bradley himself is emailing me and yet have no answer...and i have tried EVERY solution on his site, activisions site, and from suggestions of other gamers nothing. And i mean tried everything
installed win 98 x3
re-installed game x7
installed all updated drivers including my motherboard
increase swap file mem
ran hardware mode
ran software mode
ran with sound off ran with sound on
shut down all background programs
slowed down cd rom speed
EVERYTHING
Old 12-09-2000, 09:04 PM   #2
xenotoca

Well no one can say you have not tried. I feel for you as you are the only one who has had this problem. Only other thing to suggest is downloading and trying the patch. Luck and if you finally solve this problem let us know we are all rooting for you.
Old 12-09-2000, 09:28 PM   #3
lost7boy

Installed patch...nothing, and on the other board that bradley runs there are more like me that are screwed right now
Old 12-10-2000, 10:19 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

I feel really sorry for you as I read how much time you have already invested in the game. If it would have worked I guess it would have been worth the trouble, but this is really frustrating. (I've been there too. Once my computer kept crashing at unexpected times, and it only worked alright again after numerous reinstalls and having replaced all parts one by one. Very frustrating.)
My best advice is trying to find another game for your son before it's christmas. (Too bad really, but it sometimes just happens that there is some sort of weird incompatibility between components and software.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 11:59 AM   #5
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My computer is completely different from yours, but for what it's worth I had a lot of trouble getting the game to run. What I did that eventually worked (and you haven't mentioned) was:

1. Uninstalled Baldur's Gate
2. Got intermediate video drivers ... the oe didn't work and the latest manufacturer's update didn't work.
3. (this is what I think worked): I have two cd drives, and I reinstalled on the one with the lowest letter, m instead of n. The first installation was on a dvd drive, and that might have been it.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 04:49 PM   #6
Wind
Welcomed New User

In the options for the game under graphics are you using the harware driver or software rendering, try switching from one to the other then exit the game and try it again.
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 05:56 PM   #7
Junker

1. Have you tried to disable the sound in the game,,,,Try it
The soundcard (soundblaster live)often conflikts with other units,,,And it crashes games like this

2.Have you checked if you have any conflicting/sharing IRQ,
ea soundcard or graphics card has the same IRQ as another unit ? If you dont know what this is try talking with someone who has computer hardware knowledge !!!

3. If it turns out you have a conflikt...Try moving your cards to other positions on the motherboard, and see if this helps...And you can also try removing unnesesarry cards wich you dont need for the game...TV-Card...Network adapter,,scanner,,internal modem, MPEG 3 card..etc etc