Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
Too Darkpark
The Magister

so far so good, but seem to be stuck on rank 7 of the battle square. hmm...
so far i've been using my fighter(4)/barbarian(8) to fight all the monsters and before taking on a level i'd buff him up with some sort of strenght boosting spell, stoneskin or ironskin, and finally improved invisibility. this has been very effective for me, but i'm at rank 7 and the monsters are very tough. here are some of my concerns:

1) should i switch off to a different character eg: one with a bit more magical power like a cleric?

2) should i continue using the above character but wait til he goes up another level or 2?

3) try some different tactics? other buffing spells that i'm overlooking?

4) besides some $$ and XP are there any good magic items to gain by progressing to rank 10?

thank you.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Well you get the best sword in the game, as well as a neat(read: uber) lv9 spell. Get a couple more level-ups and come back later if the demons prove to be too much. Try beating it. I wish I could remember my best time(lowest level), but I'll go and try again a few times.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:38 PM   #3
Too Darkpark
The Magister

i didn't try to level up yet, but...

i dove back into battle square and managed to get past 7 and 8. woohoo 2 more levels to go!
another thing that i started to do was save after every fight.
there are at least two demon types that sometimes will teleport to your remaining party which 1/2 of the time screws up the fight because the golem will for some reason get stuck in a doorway or he doesn't do anything after my party kills the monster. so i just reload to save myself the headache.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:31 PM   #4
Too Darkpark
The Magister

phew!... *wiping my forehead* i've completed battle square and i have to see that it wasn't too bad after looking back on the fights. i used my fighter4/bararian 8 character who alternated between a two handed weapon and the club of distruption. additionally, i'd buff him up with with some strenght boosting spell (bull's strenght works nice because it lasts a long time), stoneskin (or ironskins), and improved invisibility.
when i got upto level 6 i started to save after EVERY fight in case the fight proved fatal and then i'd just reload. in my opinion, the toughtest monsters were the earth and fire elementals. they both pack a BIG punch when they do hit you.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:43 AM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yup. The demons are easily dispatched once you obtain the Club of Disruption. Congrats on beating the squares. Now tell me, do you like the stuff? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #6
Too Darkpark
The Magister

most of the time, i didn't bother using the club against the demons. i used the spear instead. in most cases, but the time i would have gotten lucky enough for the demon to fail it's save i would have made swiss cheese out them with the spear. heheh

the stuff IS nice but my favorite stuff is the club of distruption and the +4 spear.
i don't know if this was answered somewhere or not, but when you play the squares in HoF is the stuff the same or better? how much better? how much tougher are the monsters?

heh.. after completing the squares bloodlust overtook my party when they went to the monastary. i completed the 8 tests to become a monk associate then slaughters them all and wento collect my reward from the deurgars. wouldn't you know it? i slaughtered them too. hahah [img]smile.gif[/img] tons of treasure! heheh