Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2004, 04:00 AM   #1
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Im planning on taking a solo Drow Cleric/Mage(Battleguard of Tempus/Wizard)through IWD2 first on normal mode, than again on HoF mode. Im not too expirienced with 3rd edition rules, so any suggestions on what feats I should take and what attributes raise would be welcome.

My stats are:
Str: 10(+0)
Dex: 14(+2)
Con: 10(+0)
Int: 1+4)
Wis: 16(+3)
Cha: 12(+1)
I was thinking that I should put 19 in wis&int, after which point start raising only Int. Does that sound good? For the first feat, I decided to take Strong Back(i need to be able to carry some loot, and since my strenght isnt all that good, I thought this might be needed). The rest of the feats will go to spell casting feats. Skills should go to concentration and the other spell casting skills, and perhaps diplomacy, right? The weapon of choice is Axe(comes with the Priest specialization). Id also like to ask, how is the exp gained in solo mode? Will the level cap still be around 16? Ive just noticed in my games before that the amount of exp is reduced as you gain levels...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 01:54 PM   #2
Raistlin Majere
Ra

ok, not that much help needed anymore, this guy rocks! A few buffs(mage armor, bulls strength, bless and aid) later, this guy has been able to tank anyone(including Torak...I believe he's the hardest so far) and with spells like bane and snilloc's snowball storm, even large bodies of enemies fall easily. The only enemies im currently having trouble with are the Slime Zombies...my "turn undead" ability isnt strong enough to do squat to them, and the have 5 resistance to slashing(im using an axe), so its like 1-4 damage per hit, and i have one APR(unless i use the necklace that grants claws...then i have a whoppin' two [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Ive noticed though, that most of the feats go to defensive types, such as combat casting, dodge and stuff, and im planning to take deflect arrows, cause archers are the ones that hit the most, for some reason. Anyway, I'm having a blast with this guy, and can warmly recommend playing as such.

Old 04-24-2004, 06:54 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yes, I find the solo mode quite entertaining. *remembers to finish game with solo character when has time*
Old 04-25-2004, 09:27 AM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Aah, crap. I just noticed why it isnt good to have a multi-classed character with 2 spellcasting components...the cap is 30, so I'd have 2 semi-powerful caster sides, and leaving one way less powerful just doesnt make any sense...Oh well, god bless Dalekeeper 2 . Dont have to start all over...

[ 04-25-2004, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

Old 04-25-2004, 04:27 PM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

What does the Dalekeeper 2 actually do? What can it do, because I've heard so much about it and I'm interested.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:10 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
What does the Dalekeeper 2 actually do? What can it do, because I've heard so much about it and I'm interested.
It's the same cheat program as Shadowkeeper for BG2. You can change your stats and items, among other things.