Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 02:04 PM   #11
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

It is possible to beat the game with one guy, just remove the xp modifier so you can get xp for killing monsters. I have beaten it once with a Drow Paladin/Monk. It's a good build.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:02 PM   #12
spydar

I was bored so I decided to start up a 4 person party (gotta ease into to this hardcore business).
I have:
Hanna-female/moon elf/silverstar of selune
Ulrich-male/half-orc/barbarian
Riven-male/aasimar/bard (and a bit of rogue cause I wanted more skill points)
Pandora-female/wild elf/wizard

I've only just stared, but I'm thinking of dualing Pandora to either druid or cleric (if that's even possible. and maybe some others but I haven't really thought of it. any suggestions?
Old 01-31-2004, 09:33 AM   #13
Magness
Quintesson

What is a "Challenge Party"?
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:05 PM   #14
Zellis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can dual class a mage to a cleric but not to a druid. If you did dual class to a Druid you would not be able to level up in you originle class unless there were spacific rule allowing you to.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:10 AM   #15
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Zellis:
You can dual class a mage to a cleric but not to a druid. If you did dual class to a Druid you would not be able to level up in you originle class unless there were spacific rule allowing you to.
I have a druid/transmuter and can level up in any of the two classes
Old 02-02-2004, 02:30 PM   #16
Zellis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Than I've officially made an idiot of myself. I admit I dont know much about druids. I dont like them that much. Plus I play the other games Baulder Gate games alot more than IWD2.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:36 PM   #17
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

OK, so much about challenge parties. If you have one, and you want to post it, please do, but I want to hear your Hearf Of Fury parties now!
Old 02-03-2004, 06:10 AM   #18
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I had to go yesterday, so I'm here now ti post my current HoF party.

Leader/Spellrain: Trisha the Disease
Wild Elf Sorcerer 19
STR: 12, DEX: 12, CON: 10, INT:14, WIS: 10, CHA: 22
She, as the party leader, is a very talkative person with all her skill points in Diplomacy, Concentration, Bluff and some in Intimidate. Expert in Evocation spells and capable with crossbows. By default she uses a Staff of Greater Spell Resistance +5, but when in combat she gets the Hell Bolter from Bozos and rocks.

Combat Mage: Bozos of Bones
Drow Fighter 4/Necromancer 13
STR: 15, DEX: 20, CON: 14, INT: 22, WIS: 10, CHA: 10
Walks around with a Hell Bolter and Bolts +5, when he gets into combat he throws his bolter and ammo to Trisha and equips the Brilliant Short Sword +5 and Bleeding Short Sword +4, casts Ironskin and Trollish fortitude and dances the dance of death. Likes casting buttloads of Necromancy spells like Skull Trap, Beltyn's Boiling Blood and Contagion.

Archer/Scout: Bernard Cypher
Aasimar Ranger 18
STR: 16, DEX: 18, CON: 14, INT: 10, WIS: 18, CHA: 8
The Zuvembie lowers his CHA, but it more than makes up for it with it's stats. Bernard is adept at sneaking, shooting and calling nature's allies. Rotates between the Arc of Gold bow, Greatsword of Soulless +5 and Scimitar of Souls +3/Scimitar +3. Excellent fight starter.

Brute Strenght: Rogne Greatblade
Half-Orc Fighter 19
STR: 26, DEX: 14, CON: 20, INT: 6, WIS: 12, CHA: 6
She is the brute of the party. With some 280 hit points, she catches axes with her head and pushes nails into wood with her fingers. With a Greataxe +4, a HoF Kegsplitter and a Spiritcaller, she can adapt to pretty much any situation, and wreaks havoc everywhere.

Tank: Rudyard Dragonsbane
Human Paladin of Mystra 19
STR: 20, DX: 10, CON: 16, INT: 10, WIS: 18, CHA: 10
Equipped with Cera Sumat, a Tower Shield +1/+4(see, there are good shields) vs Missles and one of the two best armors, the Plate of the Pit Fiend, this guy is one super tank.

Healer: Hanutae Faithshield
Drow Cleric of Lathander 17
STR: 14, DEX: 12, CON: 16, INT: 10, WIS: 24, CHA: 16
Turns and kills undead whereever the dead don't know they're dead, and slashes up the rest with a +3 Cold Fire Bastard Sword, she wears the second of the two best armors in the game, the Aasimar's Aura. Also doubles as a lesser tank.

What do you think of this party? Any comments or sudgestions? What are your HoF parties?
Old 02-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #19
Zellis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bozo you were right. you can beat IWD2 with one charecter. It was alot of fun
Old 02-09-2004, 04:31 PM   #20
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

What was your char?