Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 06:04 AM   #1
Mundus
Dungeon Master

Help!! Im stuck! im outside the goblin stronghold. i completed the game once and i'm now playin with 1 character, a sverfneblin? level 5 paladin/4 fighter. i'v gon over the top bridge and killed the goblins there, but when i go down, i get attacked by a whole load of worgriders and Trugnuk and his motley crew of ice trolls. I'v tried every tactic i can think of including luring the worgs to the other side of the map and then turning invisible and going back and attacking Trugnuk, but the worgs always follow me back to Trugnuk and wahey! im being slaughterd again!!
Old 04-28-2003, 08:21 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Yeah, the worgs will always head back there.
Maybe you character isn't experienced enough, or maybe you should kill the worgs and then go back.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:55 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

i did this with a 6 character party...

give all ppl ranged weapons except one... go to top of one archer tower, lure the worgs and cast web and entangle and spike growth at the base of the tower... ranged characters will attack the worgs and they can come up only one a a time....

i dont know how can you implement this though with only fighter/paladin....
Old 04-28-2003, 11:29 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Remember the drums. As long as any of them remain intact, there will always be more worg riders coming your way. That's in addition to the several waiting at the end of the northernmost bridge.

You might want to try going over the west bridge, and edging up to the worg riders from that direction. You might be able to draw them back without getting Truggy and friends into the fight.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:35 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Actually, the War Drum near Trugnug's group is the only one on that map which can be destroyed without your character being seen by enemies. Go east from the bridge (staying on the south side of the chasm of course) and you should be able to see the drum without running into any baddies. Just use a missile weapon (use a bow, crossbow or sling; the range for thrown weapons is too short) to demolish it. Doing this will take a lot of pressure off the fight with Trugnug's posse.

Your character being a Svirfneblin, his Spell Resistance should be high enough to counter most of the evil casters' magic, so I'd say concentrating on the melee opponents first would be your best bet. And use a blunt weapon on the Hardened Ice Trolls, that'll have them screaming for their mommies before you can say gogondy.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:22 AM   #6
Mundus
Dungeon Master

Cheers guys, i finally managed to beat those darned worgs after many a heart-stoppingly near death experience and the drum killin bit was a cunning plan if i'v ever heard/used one
one more thing... where can i find a decent magic longsword cos all i'v found so far is a crappy scimitar an a mace
Old 04-30-2003, 12:00 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Mundus:

one more thing... where can i find a decent magic longsword cos all i'v found so far is a crappy scimitar an a mace
in the first level of the warrens after you finish Yquog's quest he will reward you with a weapon which is random... if you save before the reward you can reload till you receive a longsword...

and what about the longsword which you get on the troll in the captice village area and which you have to return to that woman priestess of selune? for me when i helped her without asking for a reward and then returned it to her and didnt ask for a reward she allowed me to keep the sword
Old 04-30-2003, 05:20 AM   #8
Mundus
Dungeon Master

figs.. i'v already killed yquog an only got some bracers (havn't identified them yet) where's the next random item???
I'v been thinkin wot is better fighter/paladin or fighter/cleric
Old 04-30-2003, 10:18 AM   #9
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Mundus:
figs.. i'v already killed yquog an only got some bracers (havn't identified them yet) where's the next random item???
I'v been thinkin wot is better fighter/paladin or fighter/cleric
i just wonder, does your fighter/paladin receieve money for doing quests, if not i suppose fighter/cleric would be better...
come to think of it, a paladin i think wouldnt agree to do Yquogs quest...
Old 05-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #10
Vassago
Manshoon

I just played this part last night. I've beaten everyone except for the huge bunch of baddies in the upper right hand corner of the map (with the ice trolls). Anyway, after I completed the first drum battle, I took my Monk on a scouting mission and located all the baddies and drums. I then took my Rogue and was able to place him so that I could take out the other two drums w/o being seen using bow and arrows. Unforunately, I couldn't use my Monk b/c she only has a returning axe to throw and would be seen having to stand so close to the drums. Taking the drums out definitely made the other battles easier. Looking forward to opening another can of whoop a$$ tonight on that last bunch.