Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2003, 11:00 AM   #1
banzai
Manshoon

I have two questions regarding this sword.

Is there anything special with this sword than its name ??? Bonusses and abilities are quite meager otherwise.

I observed a strange effect when obtaining this sword. When I first saw and bought it it´s name was *Heart of xyz*. Ok - I played on with saving etc.
When I entered the next chapter I remembered the sword - no special reasons for this - but when I had a look at the inventory its name had changed. Now it was called *Heart of abc* - a different character. Otherwise all was as usual - no corrupted saves, game crashes or something similar.
Is there any meaning behind this ???
Old 01-30-2003, 11:34 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As for the sword's name...I think it changes depending on who's leading the party, and other factors that makes the sword take on a PC's name when certain criteria are met. I can't really explain that as well as I would like to. I believe it is just a sword in the regular game, but becomes powerful in the Heart of Fury mode.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:35 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

In any of the normal play modes, the Heart of (xxx) sword isn't much of a weapon. In HOF, it is very much worth getting.

As to the name, I've noticed that the sword name changes depending on who is talking to Deirdre. So it should be fixed on the name of whomever purchased the sword. I don't recall it changing names after being bought. Then again, it's been awhile since I played, and I only bought the Heart sword twice.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

In HOF do u get the sword from Deirde in the store as well??
Old 01-31-2003, 12:57 AM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yep, you can buy the better version from her in HOF mode. She also has improved versions of several other weapons. They are all quite expensive, which is why you want to haul as much stuff with you as possible from normal mode. That way, you will have money to buy some of the merchandise.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:47 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I remember the name changing, too. I think it take the name of the character you have selected when you open the shop/inventory screen.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:11 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I don't know, I think it randomly pick your party characters name. my first person is always the one who buy/sell things and I see sometimes the sword uses different character names.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote