Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

When I started IWD2 I went into it with the idea it would be similar to BG2 in most respects... Of course this is completely wrong and I know that NOW, but what ever happend to getting COOL things from pickpocketing!I had a PURE Teifling Rogue with a high PP Skill and high dex and int but he could RARELY pull off a succesful pickpocket! And when he did manage a succesful pick pocket it was Tzar Gems and 3 gold and Iron rations and the like... things that are barely useful for lvl 1 characters!

-Has anybody found anything COOL while pickpocketing???
-And what is wrong with my Rogue that h cn never pull off a succesful pickpocket?
Old 11-03-2002, 03:35 PM   #2
chrisofthedale
Account Removed by Request

I have gotten magic scrolls and items from pick pocketing and the reason its so hard is because they dont seem to like theives in this game for some odd reason.
chrisofthedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 03:46 PM   #3
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Don`t know. I got some cool stuff in Icewind Dale I with my thief. Rings of free movement from the Druid in Kuldahar,magic necklaces and rings,robes, and such from the wizard in the tower in Kuldahar. Potions and a necklace from Ozwald up in his ship on the hill.... that kinda thing.... and thats just what I remember...Got some stuff in the Hand also... but forget... been awhile since I played it.

In Icewind dale 2,I have had no problem picking pockets. Havn`t really gotten much good stuff. But have never been caught yet either....(knock on keyboard)..
Just some potions,a few useless rings,assorted mundane weapons....gems..
Old 11-03-2002, 05:45 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

One of the guys in Deirdre's shop has a lucky stone that gives +1 to all saving throws. It's the guy in the south on the right. Best thing I ever found (though I only bothered with pickpocket once).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 05:33 AM   #5
Duncan Idaho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I put some levels of pickpocket into my wizard (since I didnt' have a rogue and my wizard had so many damned skill points) and one time I actually tried to use the skill on some neo-orog priest of bane or something in the severed hand...he wasn't so keen on the idea, so he turned on me, started to attack. I just laughed. "Yeah, YEAH! YEAH! bring it on, BRING IT ON, OH YEAH OH YEAH! OHHHH YEAH!!!!!" My wizard had some fun, and then my party joined in. I got some gold and some equipment from that encounter. The moral of the story? Don't pickpocet unless you've got the muscle (or arcane knowhow) to back you up; oh yeah, and, in general, pickpocketing sucks. And so do onions. But whacha gonna do? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 06:12 AM   #6
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

Pickpocket is useful in the Wandering Village, especially Nym. Later in Kuldahar. There are some items that can only ever be obtained through pickpocketing, so don't ignore it. Any neutral NPC can be potentially pickpocketed. Try it in Kuldahar, you won't be sorry.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:15 AM   #7
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Pickpocket is useful but don't increase your pickpocket skill. My thief's pickpocket skill is 1 but I can boost it to 63!!! with bard song of course! potions of thievery helps too And If I fail I reload!

Monks in Monastery are superb for pickpocket! I found a ring charisma +2, wands etc..
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 07:17 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

63? That has to be a bug in the game...