Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2002, 12:17 PM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've tried two many times to kill whats her name,is there any way to ease this mess.I'd really like to get on with the game but the time limit sucks big time!!
Old 10-07-2002, 12:21 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

It isn't clear from your post:

Are you having trouble killing Izbelah, or are you having trouble getting to her before the limit expires?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've gotten to her once and didn't seem to be able to do much damage with the remorase in the way,hard to get around everyone so I tried to cast a few spells her way till I could get close enough to melee time ran out again ..so I've taken a few days off to get interested again will try after work tonight.I was wondering if there was a way around the time limit?As for spells my wiz/sorc has nothing to brag about.I think I blew it when I dual classed him(lev6 sorc and lev7wiz)there are few high level spells for him (25 int).So I really need to close in with melee??!!Thanks for quick response..
Old 10-07-2002, 12:35 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

There isn't any way around the time limit; you must get to her as fast as you can. Generally, this is done by going around west. The landslide always happens, but you only need one person to be on the other side. He or she can talk to Archon and get the whole party over to the embassy.

If there is anything in the way when you arrive, get rid of it, and rush your best fighters up to Izbelah immediately. Yeah, that dual-class spellcaster isn't much help, not having anything really great. You will have to depend mostly on physical damage. Good luck!

Nightowl2
Old 10-07-2002, 01:07 PM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

When you arrive in the area for the final time, head around to the right. Do not Mass Haste immediately. Wait for the cutscene with the sorceress to finish. NOW cast the mass haste on the party. Spellcasters other than the Mass Haste caster can cast ONE quick spell each. But no more than 1 spell per spellcaster (all cast at once). The extra protections are not going to matter much. The quicker you can get to the Sorceress, the more time you have to shut her down.

Now run to Archon. Do not wait for the entire party to reach Archon; it's not necessary. When the very first person reaches Archon, speak to him and go to the embassy.

There are a number of potential spells that you can try to inhibit her ability to cast the Time spell: Insect Plague, Symbol Stun, Holy Word, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere. Probably others as well. A Protection from Magic scroll supposedly works wonders, as well, and cannot be resisted.

Last time around, I nailed her with the Otiluke's Resilient Sphere spell. Didn't realize that it had succeeded for a while. When I did, I switched to killing her allies.
After her allies were dead, I switched to nailing her with my tanks and returning arrows/bullets so that I wouldn't waste ammo. Why? So that I could look away from the screen without her sneaking out of the spell. This way my party was beating on the sphere and when the sphere went down, they were still swinging away. BTW, the ORS lasted longer than her spell protections. So she was completely vulnerable when the ORS expired.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:51 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Mag, I think you meant "run to the left", not right. Going right is the looong way and wastes much valuable time. Going to the left, despite the landslide, is considerably faster. At least one hasted character should make it past, and that's all you need to reach Archon.

Nightowl2
Old 10-09-2002, 07:32 AM   #7
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

thats how i made it:

let run my thief left (not hasted but boots of speed he has) round the lake
speak with (archon) charon (thats what i call him)
row to the embassy
let my mage cast finger of death

*done*
Old 10-09-2002, 05:56 PM   #8
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well I finally got that over with and on to the fields of slaughter!!!Thanks for the tips!!