Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 04:43 PM   #1
Croaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I might be missing something but how do you kill these two nasty guys??
Im in the battle right now.....
Old 09-29-2002, 06:29 PM   #2
espeed
Dungeon Master

Im a long way off meeting those guys, but I plan to be mega uber by the time I clash with those bastards, I will be unstoppable muahhahhahahahaahahahaha! muahahahahahahahahahahaha muahahahahahahahahahahaha.................
espeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 06:48 PM   #3
Croaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need to know how to kill this Madae character because Im hitting her with all I have and she's NOT DIEING!!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 07:17 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I'm not sure you can really kill either of them. What you want to do in the throne room is pick one (I prefer Madae myself; she doesn't have a blue flame shield up) and just keep smacking away until Isair decides to fall back to the pool room.

You clean up any critters left, then exit for an auto-jump to the pool room and the final confrontation. This is a bit easier if you've tainted the pool. Shortly after this, Orrick should appear with a message.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 07:23 PM   #5
Croaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok Ive talked to Orrik but he doesnt say anything different except for the
" what are you doing here?"
" Why do they call you Orrik the Grey?"
" Im ready to taint the pool?"
I dont know what to do because Isaer and Madae are still attacking me and Im slowly going down.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:28 PM   #6
Croaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As it turns out it was a mix of a bug in the game because I havent gotten the latest patch yet if there is one and not using lightning based stuff. Thanks for the help though!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:15 AM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I ran into something similar in one game. We did too much damage too soon. The way this works is, one of them gets hurt to a certain degree, and they take off for the pool. Then you follow, do a bit more damage, and Orrick shows up.

However, if one of them takes too much damage in the throne room, the flags are messed up. Orrick appears by the pool too soon, before you even get there. He never says his piece, and the game can't end. Urg!

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:11 PM   #8
Magness
Quintesson

It only took me 3 times to beat the twins. Here's how.

1. MAXIMUM(!!!) buffing before starting the encounter. This is the final battle. Use all your buffing spells and potions. They will not be blown away with an immediate Dispel Magic like in the final battle in IWD.

2. When the fight starts, IGNORE the twins. Kill the mage behind the twins, then target any other allies of the twins in the room. This is to prevent the bad guys from summoning tons of allies. If the twins start getting in swarms of allied monsters, your chances of winning seem to be non-existant.

3. You WILL be stunned by a blasphemy spell. I don't think that it can be stopped. Don't worry about it. If you allied yourself with the monks in the prison, they will arrive to save your armored butt.

4. You are unstunned. RUN your spellcasters away from the twins to the back of the room. Why? To stay out of range of any further stunning spells. Have your spellcasters start summoning monster allies and have those monsters finish off any enemy monsters, then attack the twins.

5. At this point, your mission is to STAY ALIVE long enough for the twins' own magical buffing magics to expire. Once those resistances are down, the twins will be vulnerable. If one of your characters is taking poison damage, take an antidote potion or similar spell. If that character is stunned, unstun him/her with dispel magic. Do NOT let a character die while both stunned and poisoned!!!

6. When one of the twins takes enough damage, the twins teletport over to the radiant pool (for phase 2 of the battle). Run them down. If either twin goes invisible, cast some sort of invisibility purge. Don't let'em stay invisible.

This is a tough battle, but winable with good tactics.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote