Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
mordac
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm playing Icewind dale and when I try to leave the "vale of shadows to return the Kuldhar, I gen a message which says arrertion error failed in line 11512. I've emptied the cache, temp directories, reinstalled. restarted the game and I stil get the error and game kicks out. Can anyone help?
Old 07-25-2003, 05:50 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hmm do you have all the patches? And try to look if the CD is schratced.

Edit:Welcome to Ironworks Forums [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 07-25-2003, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 07:32 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If it's a corrupted or missing file, an assertion error message will also list the file name - which file is being tagged? My guess would be that it is one of the Area files, but check the message anyway. If it IS a corrupted area file, those can be replaced. The area files come in 3 types .bif, .bcs and .are - the .bcs and .are files are very small and it wouldn't be any problem to email those. The .bif files are usually around 15 meg and are more difficult to send.

Are you doing a FULL installation? If not, you might want to try that. It's possible that your CD is damaged somehow (cleaning the cd might help)

It's also possible that your save game got corrupted. If you have an earlier save game, try replaying from that game and see if the error occurs again. The game will also make an autosave during area transitions, you can also try reloading the autosave and make the jump again. If it is the auto save that is corrupted, make a regular save BEFORE jumping, exit the game, restart and try playing from THAT save.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
mordac
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, I've tried some of your suggestions with no results. But I will try doing a full installation.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:43 PM   #5
mordac
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The whole message reads" Assertion failed at Objcreature.ccp at line 11512.
I'm guessing that this means that some NCP of other creature file is missing.or corrupted.
Please keep writing.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:50 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Let's get some basic info -

Are you playing IWD only or do you have IWD AND HOW installed?

Have you patched the game? If so, which patch(es) have you installed, and in what order were they installed?? Installing the IWD patch AFTER HOW is installed can cause major problems.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 08:30 PM   #7
mordac
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've patched the game using the 106 patch without Heart of Winter and with. Still no good results.
This is the second time I've played the game and the same error
occurs at this point.
Thanks for your suggestions/
Mordac