Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2002, 05:40 AM   #1
suttle
Dungeon Master

hello could someone please tell me why my computer completely freezes whenever I speak to Orrick the Grey(and I dont mean the mythral book dialogue I mean fully freezes) and does anyone know If I need a patch to resolve the problem or if fact that I put a different windows me on my current windows me (to make sure the computer is able to varify any changes easier + to make sure that my Windows me has not missed any files when it was installed)could be a big contributor to the problem or could it a major problem if it shows a gfx warning to say there is problem with the gfx or does this sound like a windows problem(Larry ohm or anyone else)

[ 12-19-2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: suttle ]
suttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 07:05 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

there was a problem with orrick the gray dialogue when returning the book of mythal theory to him... fixed in ver 1,05.... get the patch if thats your case
Old 12-19-2002, 09:29 AM   #3
suttle
Dungeon Master

at the moment I am only in the vale of shadows also I think half the problem could be in Windows me or my graphics card but I have a graphics card I can replace my i740 the graphics card I want replace my i740 for is a matrox millenium 2 does anyone know how good it is?

[ 12-19-2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: suttle ]
suttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:15 AM   #4
Good Charlotte Fan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Maybe your computer needs more ram. My computer did before, execpt only some things were effected. (Mostly the Sims). So maybe a lack of ram is the problem. I don't know.
Good Charlotte Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:44 AM   #5
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Suttle, your post is a little vague -- did you start experiencing problems with the game only after changing your Windows installation?

Which version of the game do you have installed - IWD or IWD/HOW? And have you installed the latest patch for your version of the game? If not, you should do so.

You also might want to check the website of the manufacturer of your video card for updated drivers for the card.