Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 08:10 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I cannot find one for this game ANYWHERE! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:15 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

Sir Goulum,

I don't think there is a "Mac" version, is there?

If your Mac is running an IBM-compatible game in emulation mode, then my guess is still that you need the regular patches. The best way I can think of to get patched is to get HoW, install it, download TotLM, and install that.

If you are extremely short on cash, another option would be to get the latest patch for IWD. It might take a short bit of research to figure out which one is right for a HoW-less IWD.

I sincerely hope you "get well" soon, so you can....

Party On!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:20 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I got my Icewind Dale from a store [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 09:43 PM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Sir Goulum,

Heh, heh, heh. I'm sure you did, grasshopper. .... Now, the question at hand is can you go back to that store and get HoW, or HoW bundled with IWD? I think doing so would give you a high probability of solving your problem, with a side benefit of making you wonder why you ever even thought of playing this game without HoW. Downloading and installing TotLM over HoW would increase the chances of problem-free gaming even more.

And that extra copy of IWD that you'll have if you buy IWD:HoW? Gift wrap it and give it to your kid brother or one of your enemies.

If you want some patches, here is some good stuff I stole from an old post by Cyril Darkcloud:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyril Darkcloud:
Snazz and most1td, welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

The game freezing up at (late game spoiler deleted by NobleNick)
is an issue that comes up every few weeks on the boards here. To the best of my knowledge none of the patches address this issue specifically, but a number of folks have found the soultion described in this thread to be effective.

As far as patching the game goes, the patch you need depends on which version of the game you have.

* If you have IWD without the expansion HOW installed, then the most recent patch is version 1.06. You should be able to download it here and the expansion TOL can be downloaded here

There is an additioanl patch available for certain UK editions of the game, but if you've gotten to the point of ( late game spoiler deleted by NobleNick)
it looks like you do not have the issue that patch was designed to address.

I hope this is helpful and let us know how you make out.
Party On!

edited to quote Cyril's post.

[ 11-05-2002, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
Old 11-05-2002, 11:04 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I could look and see at the store I got IWD at, but the mac section is just so darn small... [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 11:32 PM   #6
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Wow! I've never been so thoroughly cited in a quote before [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

Sir Gollum, which Mac OS are you running and which version of the game do you have?

The only Mac-specific patch that I know of is the one for the macplay version of IWD which is designed to address compatibilty issues with OS X 10.2. I'm not sure if this is what you need, but the information is available here. Good luck trying to resolve this.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:40 PM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

Sir Goulum,

Yes, I think I know how you feel: I bought an Apple IIe in 1984. Soon after, I watched my software choices dwindle while the selection for MSDOS machines got beefier, until, by the late eighties, I could hardly find a thing for my machine. I finally gave up and joined the PC dark side. Even live here in "MS-country;" and have a brother who works for MicroSoft and lets me buy all sorts of MS software at his ridiculously low employee prices.

I still have my IIe and lot's of fond memories of my days using it to surf BBS, when the word "web" still meant something a spider did. But all that the machine has done for the last decade is collect dust. It's hard to argue with success. At some point you realize that the only one you're hurting is yourself. I think Apple's ploy of making their new machines "IBM-compatible" was a most excellent move: the ONLY thing they could do if they were going to do anything more than survive.

For now, if I were in your shoes, I'd try to overcome the small selection by shopping at some online stores (like Amazon.com) and auctions (like ebay.com).

Party On!

[ 11-05-2002, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
Old 11-06-2002, 09:51 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyril Darkcloud:
Wow! I've never been so thoroughly cited in a quote before [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

Sir Gollum, which Mac OS are you running and which version of the game do you have?

The only Mac-specific patch that I know of is the one for the macplay version of IWD which is designed to address compatibilty issues with OS X 10.2. I'm not sure if this is what you need, but the information is available here. Good luck trying to resolve this.
I'm, unfortunatly, running a MacOS 8.6
Old 11-07-2002, 02:25 AM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

MACs are the better machines though but most of us had to go to the darkside because of software compatibility reasons.

[ 11-07-2002, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote