Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 07:51 PM   #1
CursedShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As long as I am showing my extreme newbieness (that's a word, right?), can someone explain the concept and execution of the dual attack of a ranger? I am under the impression that if I have a ranger and I have a single handed weapon in her slots, and I assume nothing else, she gets an extra attack per round. Is this correct? Does this occur fronm the start or do you have to reach a certain level? Are there any other conditions?
CursedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 08:29 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Well, CursedShadow, if "newbieness" wasn't already a word we can consider it have been coined in your last post. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Welcome to the boards!

This is from page 71 of the IWD manual:
Rangers get 1 bonus attack per round if they are using either a small or large sword. They get the bonus attack only if they have a one-handed sword equipped and no shield.

The ability is active from first level, but the IWD rules seem to restrict it to only certain one-handed weapons, i.e., swords.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:30 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

CursedShadow when you get time if you have HOW installed I would like to get your opionion on the Traking skill if you are using a ranger. Having gone through the game without HOW I found the tracking skill to be more atmosphere and fun than actually useful when I installed the expansion. But I thought it could be somewhat useful if I hadn't gone through before. Let us know what you think of this skill, actually anyone who has gone through the game the first time with HOW let us know what you thought of tracking.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 08:00 AM   #4
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
The ability is active from first level, but the IWD rules seem to restrict it to only certain one-handed weapons, i.e., swords.
Despite what the manual says, the extra APR is actually effective for any 1 handed weapon for a ranger in IWD. I had one using a Flail of Action +4 with 4.5 attacks!
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote