Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 11:52 AM   #1
Sharkannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok I'm playing TotL and I've come accross probably the most annoying mob in the game (I guess thus the name).

This mobs are IMMUNE to all types of attacks.. the only way I was able to even kill 1 was to use LOWER RESISTANCE about 3-4 times on 1 mob, then cast magic missle at them.. (Used about 8 or so casts) I finally killed one and went back outside to rest.. came back and they were both back.

I also used a Magic Resistance potion on my fighter and parked him in front of them so thier Magic Missles would just "bounce" off of him.

Is there ANY way to kill these easier?
Old 07-16-2002, 12:27 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Try using crushing attacks, for they are indeed immune to slashing and piercing attacks.

Annoying blankety-blanks, aren't they? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:33 PM   #3
Sharkannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks.. I'll try that.. I even tried casting Stone to Flesh on them.. sucks that didn't work [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2002, 12:55 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharkannon:
Thanks.. I'll try that.. I even tried casting Stone to Flesh on them.. sucks that didn't work [img]smile.gif[/img]
Great minds think alike. And both were wasting their time.

Anyway Stone Nuicenses are a pain, immune to magic, missile, piercing and slashing. Fortuantly my clerics had a couple spare maces and hammers they could share out.

Warning - they have quite a few HP and their Magic Missiles cant be disrupted. Work quickly and cast Haste.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:53 PM   #5
Sharkannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh I have some Magic potions, so not worried about the magic missles.. just wanted to know how to kill them w/out having to use up my full arsnel of Magic Missles and Lower Resists [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2002, 08:26 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Azred is right. Blunt weapons are the way to go. Magic missiles also work - I didn't recall the stone nuisances being that resistant to them. A fighter mage with SHIELD and STONESKIN up can take them out with out any help.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 10:46 AM   #7
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
those things are annoying (and not worth a lot of experience points either)...I learned:

- only blunt weapon damage does any real harm

- too much trouble to lower magic resistance when you could just smash them

- summoned creatures (or, even, other party members without blunt weapons) can be used to hopefully attract their attention from wounded blunt wepon wielders

- they respawn! Go in and clear them out, along with the monsters, and they'll reappear when you return for the flawless gems

- you have to fight them in some caves due to their position when you first enter, since you need to dispatch the monsters within

- you do NOT have to fight them if you just run in (think, haste spell), grab (they won't attack someone who is invisible until they open their chest) the gem, and then run out of the cave (they move fairly slowly; I've never had one follow me out of the cave)

You are almost at the very end of the awesome Trials mod.!!!!!!!!

- Twilight

*******spoiler #1

after you've opened the portal, cast all of your defensive and augmentation spells, and then enter the portal, then it will be vital for you to remember to focus on who your true enemy is....

*********spoiler#2

your characters can track foes even if they bounce around the screen (try this with a magic missle)....