Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 07:53 PM   #1
Serdis
Welcomed New User

Does anybody know the best strategy to defeat the Odd LIttle Girl that turns into Yxanumaie? I've been stuck for a couple of hours and I keep on dying. Any help would be welcome.
Serdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 08:13 PM   #2
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I've just this minute finised the battle my self with a solo Fighter/thief. My strategy was backstabbing (I was using +2 longsword of confussion at the time). I sneaked in and backstabbed her, then as soon as i was visible I drank an invisiblility potion and back stabbed again and then drank another and back stabbed one final time at which point she dropped dead ( what would I do with out backstab ).

Well that was my strategy and it was quite effective, just make sure you have a thief and invisiblity potions if you want to do it (you can buy 3 potions from the gnome in kuldahar.

NOTE: you might require more potions, because im playing solo my level was pretty high then lvl 9 fighter/lvl 11 thief and so my thac0 is pretty good (you could probabally do it without the potions if you can hit her and run out of the room quick enough to hide in the shadows again.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 08:15 PM   #3
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Welcome to IW, Serdis! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

You need, I believe, weapons of +2 or better enchantment to damage her. Make sure that your melee attackers have suitab;y poerful weapons equipped. Don't waste your time with the other creatures in the room -- summoned monsters or web spells will keep the yuan-tu busy while you attack her -- and concetrate most, if not all, of your firepower on her. I have had good results by using invisibilty to position one or more strong melee fighters near her before initiating battle.

Remember that you decide when and how battle is joined here. Take advantage of that to prepare your characters and get them into poistion and then hit her hard and fast. Good luck with the battle and let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:17 PM   #4
Serdis
Welcomed New User

thanks I'll try that with my thief. I have nothing to lose and I think I have some invisibility potions, so who knows?
Old 07-04-2002, 11:59 PM   #5
Serdis
Welcomed New User

thanks you guys for all the help. I defeated her using the second strategy that I got. I tried the backstabbing technique but since there were more than one members of my party she went to go attack them. But at least I killed her! Thanks again!
Old 07-05-2002, 12:37 AM   #6
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Glad to hear you got by her, Serdis. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Good luck with the next part of the game.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:22 PM   #7
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
don't let Y. cow you! If you play BG2, you'll take-out bunches of her kind. Want a "trick"? In that dungeon and before you meet her, you'll find a really nice, really fast bow and a bunch of +2 arrows.

Gather outside of her lair. Cast haste and prayer if you can; summon some monsters if you can. Enter. Have everyone focus on taking-out the other scalies (I know, the advice manuals say the opposite), except for your best archer, who will continue to pelt her, non-stop, with those +2 arrows. The other scalies are mostly spellcasters and archers who hang back, so you had better get them before they chop you into bits. Finally, if Y. remains, send-in your fighters with +2 weapons. You could focus the archer and a fighter on her, but don't neglect quickly eliminating the others.

With me, she stood still, cast, was hit and interrupted, and, well, that was it. I shut-down her help and took her out. It was so easy that I couldn't believe it. Remember, +2 on Y, spells and everything else on the others.

- Twilight

[ 07-05-2002, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: --Twilight-- ]
Old 07-07-2002, 12:25 AM   #8
Magness
Quintesson

My strategy is somewhat similar to Cyril Darkcloud's.

I summon the best monsters I can and position them between Y. and my party. I use them to block Y from engaging in melee with my party. I don't worry about taking out Y's allies all that quickly. I focus on firing as much ranged firepower at Yx as possible. I try to avoid melee with Yx at least initially, since she can deal out quite a lot of damage. I let my summoned monsters take her damage while my party fires in their best arrows, bolts, and spells.

Eventually, I may have to engage her with melee weapons. But by that time, it's my hope that Snake Lady will seriously hurt.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 01:29 PM   #9
Sharkannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think my way was very unorthadox.. but it worked

I pulled everyone back away from her door, moved my thief in (he's got boots of Speed on), talked to her then ran back the the group.. my mage then proceded to bombard the area with Fire Balls, killing off most creatures.. then I moved in with all my melee's and set my mage to nuke her. I ended up losing my thief (stupid thief) but things worked out pretty well.

On a lot of the larger encounters, I tended to move my thief in within viewing range of a group of mobs and used my fireball spell.. it worked well for many boss mobs to fire the fireball just in front, so they can't see you, but the explosion from the fireball kills em dead without them agroing on you [img]smile.gif[/img]