Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2002, 10:22 AM   #1
Cerberus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got a party of mostly dualed and multi-classed characters and I'm running into severe difficulties in the Dragon's Eye, playing on normal difficulty. My party's average level is about 4/4. I thought maybe going into the HoW expansion would help but Hjollder says I don't have enough experience. Either I'm really bad at this game (which is entirely possible) or I need to fight some more battles in order to level up some.

So... where do monsters spawn? Or is there a better way of going about this?

TIA,

- Cerberus
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hjolldar won't let you into HOW until your average level is 9th or higher. It's for your own protection. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You have a long way to go before you hit the only REAL spawning area in IWD. If you want some extra xp before then, just try resting on one of the first two levels of Dragon's Eye. Your rest will undoubetedly be interruppted by a bunch of lizard men. Not a lot of xp but every bit helps.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #3
Cerberus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info Micah,

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Hjolldar won't let you into HOW until your average level is 9th or higher. It's for your own protection. [img]smile.gif[/img]
When you say 'average level' do you mean that a multi class character would need to be 9th/9th and a dual would need 9th in at least one class, or do you mean the average of the sum of the characters levels?

- Cerberus
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:48 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer

No problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 04-26-2002, 12:11 PM   #5
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerberus:
Thanks for the info Micah,

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
When you say 'average level' do you mean that a multi class character would need to be 9th/9th and a dual would need 9th in at least one class, or do you mean the average of the sum of the characters levels?

- Cerberus
[/QUOTE]It works like this...If you have a multi class, say fighter/mage..and the fighter is 5 and the mage is 4, the total is 9 and therefore able to go to HOW...since the average is 4/4 for you, which totals 8, you are to low of a level...

Just about anywhere in the open, when you rest, most of the time monsters will spawn in and interrupt you...
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 12:16 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Cerberus,

Sorry I missed the second part of your post but Tannoch's answer is right on.

As long as you are in Dragon Eye, the rest and spawn trick is probably the most convenient.