Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2001, 03:08 AM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

well, okay, here's the thing....

uh, sniggly the dwarven fighter, who wears all that stuff that lowers her charisma, pointed something out.
her reaction score on her char sheet clearly states "reaction= -7".
we stripped her down and it's definitely cuz of the char-reducing stuff.
all this time, i thot reaction was like reflecting how long it took to respond to an attack while fighting.
*shrugs at how she always assumes stuff* it's really just how people [font color="lavender"]react[/font] to you.

weird thing is, no one throws rocks at her, or tries to force her to bathe. she hasn't had anything stolen, and kiddies still smile and play around her. prices don't change and people happily buy her junk. icky drow dude, nym, likes her, and those sweet little svrnblfn (sorry bout the spelling. never can spell that properly.)*smiles big*

what's the point, except for giving us heart attacks? we thot we were sooo doomed, but now it seems that it has NO purpose.

did we get this right? or are we still totally wrong, wrong, wrong?

------------------

V***V
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 07:27 AM   #2
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Nope you have it right. The idea for the reaction is if you have her do all the talking. Then people are supposed to run away screaming, tearing out their hair and coughing up blood. Wether this works in the game or not I dunno. But I wouldn't risk it without saving first. Too bad they don't actually do that in the game it might be kinda funny...

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 07:39 AM   #3
Gaelic
Elminster

Better than a sharp stick in the eye.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 11:41 AM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Better than a sharp stick in the eye.

you like those sharp sticks, dontcha? *lol*

wulfere we couldn't have her talk if we wanted to... she only grunts, growls and drools *lol*. we try to protect her when we near people, cuz we are afraid they might stone her.
we attempted to gross out nym by having her trade with him, but he must be a real skuzz, cuz it didn't bother him one bit. holy heck, he even talked her ear off... something he wouldn't do with anyone else. i won't even recount what happened when he told her what really happened in the fall of the severed hand. it was way gruesome for words. *trying not to look pleased*
yep, we were pretty proud of her, even as she danced on nym-chunks.

------------------

V***V
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 04:40 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

yeah, charisma blows. i usually drop that sat all the way down when i'm creating characters. Except for Bards, who need an 18 charisma (with Larrel hat and the Scepter of Tyranny and a "friends" spell, you get 25 charisma and cheaper deals at the store!)
apparently reputation matters too. they put a big list in the back about how characters of good, evil or nutral alignment are supposed to act; but i think most characters do not have that complex of a reaction script.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote