Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2000, 03:19 AM   #1
sattymike

I'm in Dorn's Deep now- but much earlier I "rescued" Mother Eugenia, had her heal me-- used her to guard my sleep a couple times when I moved down a level and she moved to the downward spiral area- but then she disappeared on me.

I've since been back to the Temple in Kuldahar town and they still haven't seen her. Did something gobble her up in the mountains or do I have to do something else to get her home? I wiped the big snake chickie out without much trouble, then carried on to the beat the Severed Hand and now half of Dorn's Deep or so.

That part about Mother Eugenia is just sticking around and bugging me tho.. anyone have any thoughts? After I beat the game, I'll go back and try it again. Is it because I butchered the captive adventurers and took their loot? **laughs**
Thanks for any advice!
Old 07-26-2000, 12:23 AM   #2
sattymike

Well, aside from calling the wrong name It was Egenia I guess.. I'm now into the Lower Dorns Deep messing around with Marketh and groupies, but everytime I visit Kuldahar Temple they say "we STILL haven't heard from dear old Mother Egenia..." and give me that stare like I'm not performing up to Hero Standards... Where the heck is that old timer?? Likely off taking a beating for somebody (crazy cult of hers...)I should have carted her off to the Temple when I rescued her the first time. Oh well, any advice would be appreciated if someone got her home safe and sound...
Old 07-26-2000, 02:26 PM   #3
sibley

Egenia eventually vanishes from the dungeon but never returns to the temple. This is my experience having finished the game twice. Furthermore, the hint book says nothing about getting a bonus or talking to her when she returns to the temple.

There is a rumor that this is part of a hook for an add-on pack. This rumor also cites the locked building that you can never get into in Kuldahar.
Old 12-08-2001, 03:30 AM   #4
braingeyser
Welcomed New User

That's hideous. Mother Egenia's vanishing act has been bugging me for weeks, and it was all for a possibility of a hook for a future add-on? If the add-on comes out and takes advantage of it, maybe I'll feel it was worth the torment. Until then...grr.

Um, the recent add-on Trials of the Luremaster doesn't play off that, does it?
braingeyser is offline   Reply With Quote