Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2000, 09:52 PM   #1
Brian
Dungeon Master

Hi everyone! I'm having some problems with the room full of Pomabs in the frozen over temple. The problem is that I just can't get them to die, every time I start to injure them they just teleport to some other place in the room. I have already read the walkthrough and tried the haste+invisiblity combo. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2000, 09:47 PM   #2
Brian
Dungeon Master

Never mind, I got them. What I did was cast disinigrate on the "Pomabs" one by one and then go in and chop 'em up with my fighters.
Old 10-18-2000, 01:34 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I got my mage to cast death spell. It should instantly kill all the decoys and if you're lucky, the crystal(?) sentries as well..Pomab himself can take up an incredible amount of damage (probably more than Poquelin) because I basically surrounded him with all my characters and pounded away for a good 5-8 minutes. Another thing is that when he teleports, he regains full health so a good tactic is to corner him and use weapons like Great Sword of Hammering or something..
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2000, 11:39 PM   #4
Brian
Dungeon Master

Thanks LifeTime, since I have have just beaten the game and now restarted, I'll try that when I get there again. Actualy, I didn't have any problem with the real Pomab after I casted disinergrate on him. (he turns like transparent gray, then you just have to go attack him with the fighters and he dies with like 2-3 hits)

Brian
Old 10-20-2000, 07:14 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

oh is that how u do it? i dont really like desintegrate because a save negates all effect..finger of death is a better spell in my opinion, but desintegrate is just cool..i dont know why pomab is so tough (to kill)..i got bored watching my characters hack away and went off to read a book=)
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2000, 10:43 AM   #6
Biggus

I didn't have any problem, except my mage almost died. I cast quite a few spells on the party (prot from evil, haste prayer, etc.) before entering the room, then I had everyone in the party select their melee weapons and attack Pomab. They ran around the room killing all of them, and it seemed that the crystal guys all chased my mage, so I used ? Tenser ? (the spell which doubles his HP and allows him to attack as a fighter). Basically, my guys ran around the room for a few minutes killin off Pomabs, then it was done.