Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 07:01 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The off-duty cop was in his personal car, saw Karen run the light, called in back-up, the patrol car put on it's lights pulled Karen, adn the off-duty plain-clothes man approached her and talked to her about the incident.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:40 PM   #12
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Why don't you PM TL, Larry? He might can tell you if it is worth fighting. Just a suggestion.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 09-05-2003, 09:25 PM   #13
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Larry please don't take what I write below the wrong way I meen this from the bottom of my heart.

Larry the laws vary from state to state, in some states a ticket can be issued by off duty cops if, an on duty officer reports to the seen and if the off duty cop can manage to detain the perp.
your wife is lucky she didn't Hit or get get hit by another car. She should be more careful and stop rushing around. I drive for a living and have logged over 4 million miles without a ticket or an accident because I always pay attention to everything. I realize your money problem but the main Idea of the ticket is to wake people up so that the next time she is stopped at a red light she won't be in such a big rush to get to the other side. Tell her to think about what she did and yes I know she didn't do it on perpose but, she could be dead right now all because she made a little mystake and jumped the light at the wrong time.
I can tell you right now why the cop gave her the ticket. It's not because she jumpped the light, it's because she was more conserned with making an excuse for jumping the light rather than showing some form of shock to the off duty cop for making the mystake. When she gets in front of the judge, if she does the same thing and doesn't show remorse or show that she realises she made a mystake and won't let it happen again then it will cost alot more than the $110.00 and next time it may get her or your childern killed. It only takes one stupid little mystake to distroy your Beautiful family so stop worrying about the court costs and be more careful with you life, it can be taken away faster then you could ever believe and then who cares about the money, once everything you love in this world is dead then who really cares about anything else?

Your Friend TCB

[ 09-05-2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 09-05-2003, 09:55 PM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You are absolutely right and I agree with you, and I am more than a little upset at how careless my wife was. She admitted that she was messing with the radio and had not been paying full attention. Yet...in this delicate time ..I cannot scold her for what she did. That will have to come much later. But she'll get it from me when the stress has died down and all.

Thanks for the direct post. It is cool with me, always.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:38 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Larry, I'm glad Karen didn't get hurt! I guess you might want to find out if the ticket's valid, but I'm guessing it must be as it sounds like they fully expected you to either pay it or show up in court. Maybe TL will know, but if not he may have a reference for you to check it out or something.

If he doesn't see this soon, holler at him over at The Oasis. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 02:45 AM   #16
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

My mom, who is a lawyer, saw this case. She said that, unfortunately, it does sound like you can't get the charges dropped. The best thing to do is see if you can plead it down. Since it was a lapse, and since no damage was caused and she has a good record, she should try to get the ticket given to registered owner of the car (like what happens when you get a speeding ticket in the mail.) If you can do that, she won't have any lasting stuff on her record. Unfortunately, looks like you're going to be stuck with the fine.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:38 AM   #17
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry to hear about this incident, Larry. But I tend to agree that it's more important to learn the mistake (at least it is a financial and not human cost) and move on from there. I know that I would rather have one less worry, if I already had jobs and bills to think about.