Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2003, 06:41 PM   #11
Link
Jack Burton

I kinda of like all the James Bond movies, except the one with George Lazenby which is in my honest opinion pretty awful. I must admit that the latest Bond, "Die Another Day" had some weird things in it (invisible car??!?!) but I thought that the fact that Bond was captured and tortured and mistrusted was original and fun.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:51 PM   #12
SecretMaster
Apophis

Diamonds are forever was absolutely horrible like I said.
Die another day wasn't that bad, though it had some flaws in it, such as the solar beam taking forever to melt the ice hotel, but when its chasing bond everything evaporates instantly... sheesh.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #13
Faceman
Hathor

Actually I kinda like "On her majesty's secret service".
Lazenby's performance may be poor but Diana Rigg is excellent and the story is quite intriguing too.
Die another Day starts out as a solid Bond movie with some logical flaws (but which film hasn't). However after the Ice palace it just gets more and more ridicolous and into too much weird action without any sense, fun or consistent development. I also disliked the big part they gave to Halle Berry. It's a Bond movie not a Bond&Jinx movie.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:08 AM   #14
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
I also disliked the big part they gave to Halle Berry. It's a Bond movie not a Bond&Jinx movie.
True, but since the Dalton movies they have been trying to give bigger parts to the females. There was a womens' movement in the 60s - 70s, so they had to upgrade the females to suit. Do you think they could have put ■■■■■ Galore in a movie today? Don't think so. Admittedly, Halle Berry's part is a little to large, but then again there is all of the talk about a spinoff. Maybe they need to concentrate more on making solid Bond movies and beginning to look at a replacement for Pierce Brosnan for when he leaves the franchise (he keeps stating that he is coming back, but he is already in his 50s and can't keep going forever).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 08-10-2003, 02:33 AM   #15
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Spin-off, shmin-off. Movie enthusiasts also talked about a Wai Lin spin-off for Michelle Yeoh which never happened.

Poor Dalton. He is even more overlooked than George Lazenby, despite the fact that I rather liked License to Kill.

Of Roger Moore's films, only Live and Let Die and Man with the Golden Gun stand up to repeated viewings. On the other hand, how can you not like Jaws, the only person Bond never managed to kill? [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:02 AM   #16
Faceman
Hathor

I'm not against women playing more involved roles in Bond movies. But any sidekick (female or male) should stay in sidekick position. Bond is superior/outstanding not because he's a man but because he's 007 and he's the friggin hero.

Timothy Dalton played the most believable (=realistic) Bond and stayed closest to the character portrayal in Ian Fleming's books. Sadly he had to come up to expectations defined by his former 007 actors and he just hadn't the face for Bond (I know this sounds silly but of all of them Dalton would be the least believable 007 impersonator because his face is too long IMHO)

Of course Moore reached lowpoints with Moonraker or Octopussy but other movies like For your Eyes only (which borrowed lots from "From Russia with Love") weren't that bad.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:47 PM   #17
SecretMaster
Apophis

Who were all the actors for Bond I only know of Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery. I knew one other, but its at the tip of my tongue.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:09 AM   #18
Faceman
Hathor

Sean Connery: Dr.No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only live twice; Diamonds are forever (comeback after Lazenby's movie); Never say never again (Thunderball remake which was NOT a regular Bond movie as it was not produced by Albert R. Broccoli at United Artists but by the competition while another Bond movie with Roger Moore was in the oven).

George Lazenby: On her Majesty's Secret service

Roger Moore: Live an Let Die, The Man with the Golden Gun, The Spy who loved me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes only, Octopussy, A View to a Kill

Timothy Dalton: The Living Daylights, Licence to Kill

Pierce Brosnan: Goldeneye, Tomorrow never Dies, The World is not Enough, Die another Day