Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2003, 11:49 AM   #11
andrewas
Harper

Halo was orignaly for the PC until &ltcensored so I dont get banned&gt Microsoft bought bungie and made the decision to release halo exclusively on X-box in order to boost their sales. Now that the Halo has had its effect on X-box, it is allowing it to be released on PC to make even more money from it. PC gamers suffered because M$ want to make more money. And yes I know that it was (arguably) good business sense and 100% legal, it was still a dirty trick to pull.

And I hear that before all that happendm it was intended to be a Mac release, but I have no source nor reliable link, and I personaly cant see it being true, but weirder things have happened.

On Serious Sam, Croteam are not M$ owned. The PC isnt M$ owned either, just heavily (far too heavily) influenced. But you can build and run a PC, and even get a decent enough selection of games on it, without touching any M$ software.

[ 07-31-2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: andrewas ]
Old 07-31-2003, 12:17 PM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

X-box now comes with the "S" controller, which is smaller and friendlier. The "bulkies" are actually hard to find.

I was an avid Nintendo fan before I bought the X-box. I think the X-box games simply rock and roll above all the others. I looked, and I just was most impressed by X-box games. Plus, since I'm almost 30, a good half of Nintendo's games just annoy me these days. They even ruined Zelda by cartoonizing it, as far as I'm concerned.

I hate Micro$oft as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face. They had the best product.

Oh, and Halo sucks in my opinion. Worst investment I made. Taught me not to buy games at "new" prices (well, except KOTOR )
Old 07-31-2003, 02:07 PM   #13
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Halo was orignaly for the PC until &ltcensored so I dont get banned&gt Microsoft bought bungie and made the decision to release halo exclusively on X-box in order to boost their sales. Now that the Halo has had its effect on X-box, it is allowing it to be released on PC to make even more money from it. PC gamers suffered because M$ want to make more money. And yes I know that it was (arguably) good business sense and 100% legal, it was still a dirty trick to pull.

And I hear that before all that happendm it was intended to be a Mac release, but I have no source nor reliable link, and I personaly cant see it being true, but weirder things have happened.

On Serious Sam, Croteam are not M$ owned. The PC isnt M$ owned either, just heavily (far too heavily) influenced. But you can build and run a PC, and even get a decent enough selection of games on it, without touching any M$ software.
I really need to know what I'm talking about when I try to debate. Thanks, andrewas, for the clarification. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
They even ruined Zelda by cartoonizing it, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not too clear on what Soul Calibur is, but the upcoming one has remade Link to appear as he did before Windwaker.

[ 07-31-2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]