Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2001, 02:22 PM   #1
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

K this is kind of a poll .... figured it would be nice to have a really uplifting one here so what is the most recent good deed which you have commited ..... can be anything mine would be holding a door open for a stranger
Old 11-07-2001, 02:56 PM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

On my way to my work, I get off at a suway-station that's always full of beggars and homeless people. Everyday, I give the same guy five kronor (about 50 cents), 'cause he's always very happy and everytime I get up from the stairs, he yells

"Nä men tjena, Magnus! Hur är det idag då?"

Which means; "Well, hello Magnus! And how are you today?"

He's a real role-model to me... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 11-07-2001, 10:50 PM   #3
Moni

Hmmm...Let's see...A kind of shy girl from school asked me if she could sit with me in the cafeteria as we were leaving class and I said "Sure!" She, another girl from class who I have breakfast with twice a week, and I had about 40 minutes to sit and talk together. By the time we went to our next classes, we were all sure we had friends in each other. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also gave my neighbors medical advise they can apply to their dogs to keep them alive if someone wants to poison the neighborhood dogs again. One of their dogs was poisoned the same time ours were and did not make it because they did not know what was wrong with her and did not take her to a vet. At least this way, they have the information to prevent total poisoning through preventive maintenence and apply the antidote at the same time if necessary.

I guess those are good deeds? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2001, 01:12 AM   #4
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, i did do Domingo's example! you see, i was at burger king one day...
Old 11-13-2001, 02:53 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

I gave someone my math homework to copy today

I felt great.... lol
Old 11-13-2001, 03:41 PM   #6
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I gave someone my math homework to copy today

I felt great.... lol

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 11-13-2001, 04:00 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

It's give and take, I let people copy off me, and they let me when I don't have the answers. Works pretty well [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2001, 05:37 PM   #8
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
It's give and take, I let people copy off me, and they let me when I don't have the answers. Works pretty well [img]smile.gif[/img]

With me, they would copy off of me and then get everything wrong. Then I would change my answers back to the right ones. I was so clever back then. I wondered what happened since then?
Old 11-14-2001, 12:08 AM   #9
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

With me, they would copy off of me and then get everything wrong. Then I would change my answers back to the right ones. I was so clever back then. I wondered what happened since then?

ahh, intelligent, intelligent, maybe that's why i got all the wrong answers on my assignments! stupid friends...
Old 11-14-2001, 09:50 PM   #10
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I know that any one of you would have done the same thing if you were in my position, it was a necessity.
I was working in a store at the time and there was a big slam that shook the building and the power went out. A latino woman came running in screaming "Please, somebody save my babies". A co-worker and I ran outside to see a two tone yellow with white leather top 2-door Cadillac plastered into a telephone pole. The power lines had fallen down and were draped accross the car and the engine compartment was consumed in flames. There were people standing around looking, but I guess they were afraid that the power lines were still live so nobody had gone near the car. We could hear small children crying, so my co-worker John and I ran over to the car. There were two toddlers and an infant in a car seat in the back. I wont lie and say that I wasn't afraid that I might get fried, because we both were, but the fire had moved in through the dash board and was creeping towards the back. John and I pulled the children out and took them to their mother, and went back to work.
An interesting lesson I learned from this regarding the media was that we see all these news blurbs of people saving others and interviews etcetera. What I realized is that unless you or someone else calls the media and hangs around to accept public acclaim the media will never show up. John and I didn't and dont feel that we did anything exceptional, and we were indeed scared as heck, but those babies needed to be saved so we did what we had to do.
The next day, that grateful mother came back, tracked John and I down, gave us flowers, hugs and kisses. Seeing how overjoyed she was and knowing that her babies were all safe was the greatest reward I could have received.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote