Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 04:26 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Wouldn't want to keep this from you.

http://www.dubyasworld.com/dubya-national-treasury.jpg
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Talk about misplaced. [img]tongue.gif[/img] This belongs on the GD. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I still like this better: link
Old 05-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

They both look good but I still prefer the second picture! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #5
mad=dog

Are those figures (in the first picture) accurate or just "worst approximate"? If they are accurate I'd say the US is looking at a long and enduring recession.
The second brings back a ton of memories. Boy the countless hours I have spend behind and in front of a DM screen.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

They're not too far off, maddog. Current debt is over 7 trillion. Watch the news for the next time China or South Korea states they will quit buying US T-bills. All the brokers of Wall Street immediately start climbing out on the balcony and preparing to jump to their doom. Calls from the White House to Beijing spike 100 fold. We are captive to our creditors.

Course, what does it matter? It's all just numbers anyway. If it gets really outta hand, we'll start another war to kick-start the economy -- it's a tried and true method of economic recovery for over 100 years.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
mad=dog

War (tm) - the solution to YOUR countrys problems!

Having deficit problems? Production low and spending high? Or just the usual problems with out-of-reach competitors? Don't fear and don't stress out, because new and modernized WAR (tm) is available for your country as well.

War (tm) is sold is various brands and packages such as:
World War (tm) - The ultimate experience. Two for the price of one.
Local disturbance (r). Look no further for justification. Any rebellious farmer can be brought down with assault helicopters.
Civil war (patent pending). For the special needs.
Also a mix of intercontinental and international special brands in our used bin. Make sure to browse.

War (tm) will benefit your country in many ways:
Unemployment: No more pesky youths hanging on streetcorners. They'll either be in uniform or body bags.
Industry: Just think of all the things that needs to be reconstructed! Especially useful if you purchase an off-continent war so your own stuff doesn't need rebuilding.
Credit: Problems selling off government bonds? No problems any more. Ever heard of a population that didn't buy war bonds in huge amounts?
Loot: Why not claim everything you can from conquered enemies? A sure way to get otherwise sparse natural resources.
... and many more.
Feel free to ask our staff for advice. They are always eager to sell.

Disclaimer: It is not advisible to purchase more than one war at a time. Also we encourage that you finish your current war before starting on a new one. Often wars are not compatible and you may find it difficult to operate both at the same time.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #8
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Loving them all...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:05 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Hehe, Arnold goes into politics. Bush goes into the movies.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote